It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
fiestebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawaiian Silky Update
    Posted: Apr 23 2004 at 9:15am
Hi guys,

I used Hawaiian Silky relaxer for the first time last night. It was great. I have been using Soft and Beautiful (no-lye) for 2 years, and decided lye would be healthier for my hair than the calcium.

Since my hair is bleached and tinted I used a mild perm, when I usually use regular. I cannot believe how straight it got my hair, I left it on for 20 minutes.

I also did a pull through or corrective procedure with the Hawaiian Silky relaxer and left it on all of my hair for 2 minutes.

I am very pleased with the results, my hair has not looked or felt this good since before I used no-lye. Hawaiian Silky is a keeper, thanks to all of the ladies who have answered my many PM questions!
Sponsored Links

ELUCENCEQUEEN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2004 at 9:27am
wow im happy you found a relaxer that worked for you. now you said that your hair is bleached, my hair is bleached also can you tell me what products you use and what products i should stay away from. and another question what is a pull through the corrective procedure you did with the hawaiian silky? and from my understanding you relaxed your hair yourself wow thas great hopefully one day i can have the confidence to relax my hair on my own and save money from going to the salon.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2004 at 10:08am
Actually Elucence I got the idea on using Hask Placenta instead of setting lotion, because it makes my hair hard and I experience a lot of breakage from you. Thanks for the tip, it worked wonderful, last night was the first time I used the Hask Placenta and no setting lotion.

Anyway as far as products you should stay away from, I am not sure but I am sure that being the expert that you are you are aware that moisture is the key. A must have for bleach hair is some fermodyl leave in conditioner by Revlon, it comes in tubes and they sell it at Sally's or any other beauty supply store.

When I was going to the beauty shop every 6 weeks to get a relaxer my beautician would put the relaxer all over about once a year (pull through). Some people call it a corrective relaxer. A corrective relaxer is when someone who has been using no-lye relaxers for a long period of time and they have a calcium build up, I read that putting the lye on top of the damaged hair can remove the calcuim. But, the key to this trick is to condition with a protein conditioner before you neutralize, Yes I know scary. Actually this was the first time I have done that procedure, after I washed the relaxer out I put some Designer Touch Post-Perm treatment on my hair for 10 minutes before neutralizaing and the results were wonderful.
I also heard this procedure is done if you are experiencing a lot of frizz.

I actually made an appointment w/JC Penney Salon for $65.00. I looked at my bank account balance and changed my mind, or my bank account changed my mind for me. I went to my neighborhood beauty supply store and spent $4.99 for a relaxer and did it myself!!!!

ELUCENCEQUEEN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2004 at 11:10am
wow thanks for the tips and im happy that i could help you. i eill try the fermodyl because i remember you metioniong it before. the protein conditioner that you did b4 u wash your hair with the neutralizer sound a bit risky but i will look into it. i had a lot of frizz a couple of weeks after my hair was bleached but now eveything is better because i color rinse my hair to protect it from the  to protect it from the sun and also the heat. thas good that you saved money from going to salon and you results probably came out better than going there. thanks for your tips.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2004 at 11:48am
The reason the treatment is put on your hair before you neutralize is because the hair follicles are open and can easily absorb the protein better. You do not sit under the hair dryer with this treatment it is a no heat process!

Yes, I was pretty scared last night also, but I had confirmed this process with two professional beauticians before I did it.
goldengirls77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2004 at 12:23pm
fiestebrown.....Welcome to the Hawaiian Silky
Sistahood!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2004 at 1:06pm
Thanks!
skinbeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2004 at 8:45pm

Originally posted by fiestebrown fiestebrown wrote:

Actually Elucence I got the idea on using Hask Placenta instead of setting lotion, because it makes my hair hard and I experience a lot of breakage from you. Thanks for the tip, it worked wonderful, last night was the first time I used the Hask Placenta and no setting lotion.

Anyway as far as products you should stay away from, I am not sure but I am sure that being the expert that you are you are aware that moisture is the key. A must have for bleach hair is some fermodyl leave in conditioner by Revlon, it comes in tubes and they sell it at Sally's or any other beauty supply store.

When I was going to the beauty shop every 6 weeks to get a relaxer my beautician would put the relaxer all over about once a year (pull through). Some people call it a corrective relaxer. A corrective relaxer is when someone who has been using no-lye relaxers for a long period of time and they have a calcium build up, I read that putting the lye on top of the damaged hair can remove the calcuim. But, the key to this trick is to condition with a protein conditioner before you neutralize, Yes I know scary. Actually this was the first time I have done that procedure, after I washed the relaxer out I put some Designer Touch Post-Perm treatment on my hair for 10 minutes before neutralizaing and the results were wonderful.
I also heard this procedure is done if you are experiencing a lot of frizz.

I actually made an appointment w/JC Penney Salon for $65.00. I looked at my bank account balance and changed my mind, or my bank account changed my mind for me. I went to my neighborhood beauty supply store and spent $4.99 for a relaxer and did it myself!!!!

Hey Fiestebrown,

It's good to hear your hair came out on top.

I've come across this procedure or this step in a relaxer I have used on a friend's hair in the past.  I can't remember which relaxer it was but I remember that after application of the initial relaxer there was a conditioner that was supplied in the relaxer box and this was to be used immediately after the relaxer was rinsed out and before the neutralising shampoo. 

Because the hair shaft is opened during the relaxer process and before neutralising, the protein formula or conditioner is added to strenghten the hair for a few minutes then the hair is washed with neutralising shampoo and the hair does come out feeling really silky smooth.

caitlin_x View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2004 at 6:01pm
Optimum No-Lye Relaxer Includes this protein step before neutralizing.  While I will no longer use no-lye (too many sources denounce its use), I will consider keeping this step in the process of a lye relaxer.
Donda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2004 at 11:55am
Originally posted by goldengirls77 goldengirls77 wrote:

fiestebrown.....Welcome to the Hawaiian Silky
Sistahood!!!

Welcome my sista!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>