Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Havent Been On In a While - But Just A Warning!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHavent Been On In a While - But Just A Warning!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 1:18pm
Did the op photoshop her avi?
Sponsored Links

Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 1:41pm

Edited by Nadiesca - Aug 11 2013 at 1:43pm
book worm View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 1:43pm
Despite the negative comments, I am glad you were able to get your money back Op. I understand the business side but as a consumer you want to get what you paid for.
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by KindofABigDeal KindofABigDeal wrote:

LadyBeeHair Warning!

LONG POST WARNING!

Hey guys!

I havent been on in over a year as I stopped obsessing about my hair for a while and just decided to let it flow....it's 2.75 inches from my hips now! :-)

Nonetheless, I dont know if this has been said before as I searched with a keyword and could not find any threads, but I was on here looking for suggestions for where to buy some new wefts BESIDES HalleysCurls (as their shedding & tangling is ridiculous), JaceBeauty (her prices are ridiculous and she only sells by 1/2 bundles which I've NEVER heard of!), and LadyBee Hair as their quality sux, as does their remedy process through customer service. But I decided to finally share my story.

I ordered THREE bundles of 18, 20 & 22" hair from LBH at the end of January and had it sewed in the first week of March. The hair seemed beautiful and everybody on the internet was raving about it! Just to be sure, I DOUBLE-SEALED the wefts! I had the hair for almost a month before I sewed it in, so I sealed the wefts on BOTH sides... TWICE!! As this was supposed to be premium hair, I wanted to preserve it and go the distance in caring for it.

By the end of March....I was noticing that my wefts seemed to be "thinning" from what I would call extensive shedding. And I'm just as careful with weave as I am with my own hair. I use the same hair products on weave that I use on mine. I use a very wide toothed comb to comb through it and I am unbelieveably tender. I never blow-dried it as the hair was pretty enough that it could air dry quickly and I didnt want to excessively burn/pull on the hair with the dryer-comb. But that did not make a difference.

Before the end of April, I had to take the hair out, I just couldnt take how it was looking thinner and thinner and it was embarassing to wear. I CRINGED when I finally saw what the wefts looked like once I removed them from my head (see below link for a comparison picture of leftover hair that I did not sew in, and hair I sewed in but had to remove after 7 weeks and 2 days: sewed-in hair on top, unused hair on bottom in the pic.)

I immediately wrote to LBH and sent pics and asked for some sort of mediation. I was willing to believe that maybe I had just received a bad batch and that this was just a fluke. Their offer: free expedited shipping on the new order. Shocked (They were clearly tripping!)

So I pressed them and let them know that was ricidculous for what I had spent on the hair and that its no reason why hair should shed that much AFTER being SEALED in under 2 months! The service rep tried to insinuate that maybe it was my care for the hair that made it shed (no, boo, its not), but then admitted that although they do sell a large quantity of hair every month, they get the same complaint about a horribly bad batch at leat twice a month. He upped his offer: free expedited shipping on the next order and I could re-purchase the hair at the wholesale price which amounted to....wait for it.....

......a discount of $34.99 off of the ENTIRE order....not PER BUNDLE....the ENTIRE ORDER!

Needless to say, I then disputed the charge on my credit card and proceeded from there after voicing my displeasure.

Long story short: Stay away from any company that won't acknowledge and fix the claimed "very few" instances where their products are obviously defective. You get what you pay for.....sometimes.

Anyway, happy hair hunting, folks! (And please send me any suggestions you have for reputable hair vendors where customer service is paramount!)

Thanks for the review and cool you got your money back.

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 3:14pm

OP-- Did you mention when you asked for a refund that you had worn the hair for 7 weeks and 2 days before contacting the seller? 

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by KindofABigDeal KindofABigDeal wrote:

Get out your feelings, mama. I simply posted it as a warning to others. I don't need "luck" cause I was going to get comped one way or another....and I did. 

So you can keep getting screwed by vendors and thinking its okay simply cause they give you some bs excuse about the hair being out of their possession for whatever time. Its your money and if you like donating it to hair vendors for a crappy product, do you.

And as I stated before....stop assuming when you can ask. Its not that hard. Youve been wrong twice today. Quit while you're ahread.

Take care.

What feelings? Who have I been screwed by? Who's assuming now? You implied something about my common sense when someone questioned your horribly and ridiculously photoshopped avi. That aside, my opinion is valid.

I speak from the perspective of a business minded person. How is the owner to differentiate you from the person who abused the hair for 7 weeks  or the person who had buyers remorse?  Because you say so? The time out of possession and duration of wear is a real issue here. They sold it in January, its August.

Again, better luck next time and congrats on getting Mastercard to comp your hair for you. Hopefully it sticks. Perhaps you can try EP or someone else with a proven track record.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 4:51pm
QB,

I know from my own experience with Mastercard that the seller has a chance to dispute the charge back.  They given them 1 or 2 billing cycles. They reverse the charge pending the investigation. They can always add it back if they find in favor of the seller. Trust, if she didn't mention it, the seller will.
KindofABigDeal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

OP-- Did you mention when you asked for a refund that you had worn the hair for 7 weeks and 2 days before contacting the seller? 

Hey. Yes, I mentioned it. I even sent proof that I didn't install the hair until March and that it was done professionally. And I explained thay the only reason I took the hair out at the 7 week mark was because it had shed so bad, I couldn't even make a ponytail with it. It was just embarassing all the way around.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

[QUOTE=KindofABigDeal]Get out your feelings, mama. I simply posted it as a warning to others. I don't need "luck" cause I was going to get comped one way or another....and I did. 

So you can keep getting screwed by vendors and thinking its okay simply cause they give you some bs excuse about the hair being out of their possession for whatever time. Its your money and if you like donating it to hair vendors for a crappy product, do you.

And as I stated before....stop assuming when you can ask. Its not that hard. Youve been wrong twice today. Quit while you're ahread.

Take care.

What feelings? Who have I been screwed by? Who's assuming now? You implied something about my common sense when someone questioned your horribly and ridiculously photoshopped avi. That aside, my opinion is valid.

I speak from the perspective of a business minded person. How is the owner to differentiate you from the person who abused the hair for 7 weeks  or the person who had buyers remorse?  Because you say so? The time out of possession and duration of wear is a real issue here. They sold it in January, its August.

Again, better luck next time and congrats on getting Mastercard to comp your hair for you. Hopefully it sticks. Perhaps you can try EP or someone else with a proven track record.
[/
QUOTE]

Okay, let me clarify: the photoshop job on my avi ain't even photoshop, that's microsoft paint. And it wasn't supposed to be believable, it was for a "dream hair goal challenge 2 yrs ago.

2nd: I'm just telling my story in August. I reported the issue with the hair to LBH as soon as I took it out in April, and Mastercard before May. So I definitely got comped back (shout out to Citibank) and that case has been closed since June.

Why would I take the hair out in April, but wait until August to report it to LBH or Mastercard? That doesn't even make sense. But maybe the way I wrote it made it seem as if I was just finally notifying LBH of the issue now. However, its been over & done with but I just wanted to share my experience and help somebody else out so they are aware as I wasn't.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 6:15pm
Also.....for the few who are so curious as to my "inspiration avi" from 2011, please feel free to see the few updated pics I made in an album named "Summer Update 2013" for your perusing pleasure. ;-)

http://public.fotki.com/KindOfaBigDeal/quick-hair-update-s/

Edited by KindofABigDeal - Aug 11 2013 at 6:17pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic