Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > My Experiences
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you refused to listen to God?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
MoreHair_43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoreHair_43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you refused to listen to God?
    Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 8:30am

"Now if you will fear and worship the Lord and listen to his voice, and if you do not rebel against the Lord's commands, and if you and your king follow the Lord your God, then all will be well. But if you rebel against the Lord's commands and refuse to listen to him, then his hand will be as heavy upon you as it was upon your ancestors."
1 Samuel 12:14-15 NLT

But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust me enough to demonstrate my holiness to the people of Israel, you will not lead them into the land I am giving them!" This place was known as Meribah, because it was where the people of Israel argued with the Lord, and where he demonstrated his holiness among them.
Numbers 20:12-13 NLT

O universal strength, I know it well
It is but froth of folly to rebel
For thou art Lord and hast the keys of Hell.
C.S. Lewis

To reject God call is to rebel
"The word rebel conjures up images of motorcycles, black leather jackets, tattoos, and arrogant, angry attitudes. Sometimes rebellion against God does manifest itself in such dramatic forms, but rebellion can be much more subtle.

A failure to worship God leads to a failure to listen to his commands. Such disrespect is rebellion against Godówhether we wear black leather or suits and ties.

What subtle forms of rebellion tend to creep into your life?

from the TouchPoint Bible with commentaries by Ron Beers and Gilbert Beers (Tyndale) p 247

Sponsored Links

mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 8:43am
Ways to rebel.  These are a few that I know I'm guilty of and some of them fly under the radar because our society encourages it:

-Not praying
-Doing things you think sound like a good idea but not involving God in the process.
-Doing things your way to get out of a problem and only calling on God when everything you tried doesn't work.  Alot of times when this happens, you're outside of the will of God anyway.

ETA:  

FEAR!

It causes disobediance.

People are afraid of rejection, lack, dying, all kinds of things.  Alot of times we're not secure in the fact that God is keeping us and as a result we go outside of His will or we choose to not to anything at all.  We don't take risks because we're paralyzed by our fear.  That's bad because alot of what he asks us to do requires that we leave our comfort zone.  By not moving because of some fear we have (and it doesn't matter if we're aware of or acknowledged it or not) we are rebelling against God.  It's actually pride because by staying where you're comfy, you know what to expect and have more control and God is NOT okay with that.  He wants control.

Edited by mangachan - Nov 12 2009 at 9:49pm
Visje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Visje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2009 at 4:21pm
When God talks, the wise listen.
mysterious86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysterious86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 10:28pm
managachan thanks for your response. This is an area where I still struggle with the so called " comfort zone"
jessabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2009 at 10:01pm
oooooo the comfort zone...that is such a zone that will suck you in deeply! I think we all get caught up in it in a way! I think prayer and sticking our head in the Word is the only way to overcome it..
Kirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2009 at 1:00am
I don't listen to anybody who clearly doesn't exist.
lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 12:57pm
When we listen to God, he will direct our path and make it more clear.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2016 at 2:46pm
i don't believe if we choose to not listen we are rebels...
we have free will, that's why God can tells us whatever He wants and we will still do what we want.

I mean, Jesus said that we should be nice to one another. Who can say they are nice to every single person they meet?

But I must say, the times I heard God and did not act accordingly, I realized later that I should have...
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic