Perfect Hair Collection

HAVE YOU FOUND YOUR STAPLE PRODUCTS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAVE YOU FOUND YOUR STAPLE PRODUCTS?
    Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 6:44pm
I FIIIINALLY found mine and I will be 3 yrs natural on Halloween.
My shampoo is Shea moisture's
Condish is that tresemme naturals
My hair loves water with evoo or that mane choice hair butter
My deep condish is the mane choice hair mask.

My hair is now perfect..my protein is so gpb

What are your staples? How long did it take you to find staples?
Sponsored Links

bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 6:45pm
I meant Aubrey organics gpb
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 7:55pm
Hi, I found mine not too long ago as well.

My staples are:
Yes to carrots shampoo and conditioner.
And some conditioners from a local store brand "de Tuinen".
What they have in common is that they're free of SLS, free of parabens, free of mineral oils and free of silicone.

Those four factors were key in finding the right products and not reading those four factors together made the search a bit longer. So those four things will be the criteria for me to try a shampoo or conditioner.

I had a conditioner that labeled itself as natural but it was far from it and also had parabens in it and it was responsible for a gradual hair nightmare.

The conditioners I have now melt in to my hair which means they're suitable as moisturizers.

Where oil is concerned I use extra virgin coconut oil, but it's not a necessity (plus one of my conditioners already has it in there).

Haven't had the pleasure of using Tresemme naturals but the Tresemme moisture rich conditioner was a brief love affair that came to an end once I ran out(brought it from my vacation and didn't find it here.), I didn't have to do as much to my hair while I was using that conditioner. I didn't use it as a leave in though because I wanted to stretch it's use for as long as possible but my wash days were less dramatic.

It took me a few years(Been natural since the summer of '09) before I found my staples, I'd run out of the good stuff from overseas and the shampoos and conditioners I'd use have drying ingredients in them. I did hear about sulfate free shampoo but the ones listed weren't sold here and none of the drugstore shampoos here were sulfate free. So basically I relied on gel and lotion to moisturize my hair.
And I can't remember exactly what I typed that I did find the products I was looking for this time, but I found names and saw pictures of the bottles so when I went to the store and almost thought that maybe they weren't selling it at that store and I'd have to order them online(because I did see it on the site), I found them in a corner at the bottom and thus the love story began.

Shortly before I found my staples I found out that Apple cider vinegar could help reduce the drying effects of the shampoos and conditioners I was using and once I noticed the positive difference I knew for sure that my shampoos and conditioners were responsible for my hair's moisture problems. With the apple cider vinegar my hair was easier to detangle, I no longer had to detangle in sections(I was forced to do so after my wash days were becoming worse every time and even when I did so, it would still tangle back up once it started to dry, it was quite frustrating.). So by then I knew that I had to find a good shampoo and conditioner or continue with apple cider vinegar infused version of my current drugstore shampoos and conditioners or try washing with baking soda and cleansing with an apple cider vinegar rinse.

And before that I had stopped using water from the tap in my spritz bottles and started using water from my carbon filtered jug or bottled water which had a more positive effect on my hair. I recently purchased deionized water, because distilled water is hard to come by, so I guess that will be one of my staples for my hair now as well, I'm curious to see the difference. Have to finish my current spritz first though.

With my current staples my wash days are drama free, detangling is a breeze with my hair loose and it won't retangle afterwards.

My hair is no longer thirsty and moisturized from the inside out, it doesn't just look moisturized but actually IS moisturized and feels moisturized. My hair's elasticity is the best it's been in the long time without the use of gel, I can smooth it in to a ponytail without adding moisture. In fact, if I sleep in two braids I will have beach waves the next day, but if I run my hands through it and refresh it my curl pattern will return and my hair will be stretched, so I now have an easier way to stretch my hair without having to do to much to it to make it presentable. If I'd braid it in two braids before not much would change, just a bit of the moisture preserved and at the time I thought that was normal, but now I know that that was a sign that my hair was moisture deprived within. So I have noticed an overall difference in my hair.

I no longer rely on gel and lotion for moisture, I can now use those as styling products and a little goes a long way. No more heavy handedness.

I can use the conditioners as moisturizers when using heat on my hair without it reverting, a little going a long way of course, just enough to moisturize it while maintaining the style and my hair will remain moisturized till the next wash day and bounce back without a dehydration period as the conditioner can also act like a deep conditioner if I just leave it on a bit longer, plus the fact that my hair remains moisturized the entire time.

And another plus side of being able to use my conditioners for moisture instead of gel and lotion is that my hair has a wonderful mild fragrance instead of smelling neutral.

Whoops... long winded post...

Awe well, I had a lot to say .

Edited by Ritle - Sep 19 2013 at 8:38pm
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

I FIIIINALLY found mine and I will be 3 yrs natural on Halloween.
My shampoo is Shea moisture's
Condish is that tresemme naturals
My hair loves water with evoo or that mane choice hair butter
My deep condish is the mane choice hair mask.

My hair is now perfect..my protein is so gpb

What are your staples? How long did it take you to find staples?

Hi Bebe.  I gotta agree with your staple list.  It's nice and simple and to the point.  Tresemme naturals was my favorite conditioner for the longest.  It's the best detangler and moisturizer out there.  But I was nervous to try it since Unilever bought out the brand and changed the formula.  Do you find that the product still lives up to its expectations?
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 8:55pm
I like it. I used it months ago and stopped for some reason. I just started using it again a week ago. I even use a little with the butter I mentioned in the op as a leave in.....

I'm pretty sure a lot of my hair's newfound awesomeness has a lot to do with me baggying almost every night.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 8:57pm
Ritle, I had fun reading your post. I'm glad you found a system that works.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 7:45am
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

Ritle, I had fun reading your post. I'm glad you found a system that works.

Yay, at least I didn't type all of that for nothing.
Thanks. Glad you found your staples in less time than I did. It's a long enough road when you can't find those products that your hair thrives on.

Been a long time coming.
It's like I am getting to know my hair all over again.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 12:18am
I want to say yes.  So far I am digging the following:
Shea Moisture shampoo (the ones without tea tree oil)
Nubian Heritage conditioenr and masque
Nubian Heritage Custard or Taffy Pomade.
Strength of Nature Coil Creme
Rosewater and Glycerin and water mix
Select oils and butters
NuNaat Leave In Reconstructor (tentatively liking it)

At this point I am geeked that I found some natural hair products that work for my hair.  And that that is hard for me.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 12:45am
Nope. My stash is like the natural hair care isle of a drug store. I like having lots of choices. I think a lot of similar products can be good for different uses. I try something different almost every time I do my hair.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 8:44pm
Shampoo: garnier fructis- fall fight
Twist cream: elasta qp- leave-in conditioner
Liquid leave-in: fall fight strand saver
Cream leave-in Cantu
Grapeseed oil

Hoping elasta makes a deep conditioner. I
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs