Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever tried...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever tried...
    Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 7:39am
Have you ever tried water only washing?  I have read about this technique on a mostly white hair forum and found it interesting.  But here is a woman with afro-textured hair who did it for herself and for her daughter.  The name of her YouTube channel is TheRubytulip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUR3-o2ueH4

Here are two threads from the Long Hair Community website on water only washing.

Obviously we can modify the techniques that the women with straighter hair use to suit our needs.

TheRubytulip says this technique is good for children, people with very sensitive skin (like herself) and people with a lot of hair shrinkage.  She says that her hair smoothed and straightened out after doing this.
Sponsored Links

mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 7:55am
I can't honestly see that working for me.  I need some shampoo...Smile  I think if you don't use a lot of product, maybe.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 9:26am
Yeah the point is to only use the water to cleanse

If you do get product buildup, the solution would be to rinse with apple cider vinegar and water, or lemon and water, or diluted shampoo with water.
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 10:04am
I haven't used shampoo in years.  Only co-washing with a cheapie conditioner instead of shampoo.  I guess I could use a water only technique but I kinda like my hair smelling like strawberries or apples or whatever scent I use.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 2:21pm
Hmmmmm...can't say that I have.  I might give it a go in the future but not right now.
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 5:22pm
Sounds interesting, unfortunately I suffer from dandruff and extreme itchiness add to that a pretty active lifestyle and I don't think that would workout. But I do like water rinsing between wAshing though.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 8:33pm
That could work with soft water, but hard water...not so much...
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 2:32pm
Rubytulip has beautiful hair! I read the LHC summary link you posted Kris. It appears that this method is geared towards folk with oily scalp/hair. Now, I have used wo in between cowashing and its refreshing. But, I have hardwater, so I couldn't do this on a regular basis bc it would dry my hair and scalp out due to the hard water.

I see this method as more beneficial for those who are prone to olier scalp/ hair. I don't produce a lot of sebum, so I wouldn't have enough naturally occurring oil to distribute down the length of my hair to fully moisturize it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:13pm
Wow TheRubytulip was right.  This method adds a lot of shine and can really straighten/smooth out your hair.

I've been doing this for about 10 days now.  I've water rinsed about 4 or 5 times, finger combed and applied plenty of jojoba oil to my ends.

Right now, my hair is soft and shiny and definitely a little oily.  I could have laid off the jojoba a lot but I was afraid my hair would get dry.

Here are some photos of how well this is working for me.  I don't notice any strange smells, build-up or residue other than the jojoba (which I will not use for a few days now that my natural oils are stronger).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:16pm
I haven't posted pictures of my hair in a few years on this forum.  So if you are unfamiliar with my hair texture and type, it is a true kinky-curly texture.

Very curly from root to tip all around, baby thin strands and medium to normal density.  I don't have a sensitive scalp.  I'm not prone to split ends unless I use too much heat but I get hundreds if not thousands of single strand knots.

Today I wore my hair in a low bun and the strands are stretched out.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic