Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Have you ever received a word that spoke to you
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Have you ever received a word that spoke to you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever received a word that spoke to you
    Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 5:00am
when you most needed it? Did it change your outlook or behavior or did you just forget about it?

Nonreligious people, have you ever had an epiphany or moment of reflective enlightenment following someone's well timed nugget of wisdom?

Would you like to share the situation or, if you choose not to go into detail, the word?
Sponsored Links

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 9:58am
yep, just yesterday. I've been feeling depressed & I read an article about how scientist think they have found the secrets to happiness. I'm going to try their techniques. God was right on time with that one.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:11am
I laughed hard......and ugly AF
patternsandtexture View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:32am
Yes, when I realized I could become my own personal god. I'm dead serious.
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

yep, just yesterday. I've been feeling depressed & I read an article about how scientist think they have found the secrets to happiness. I'm going to try their techniques. God was right on time with that one.

Care to share the link to the article?
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:53am
Yes, I recently found out that I failed my board exam for the 2nd time and this time by 2 points. I watched this sermon online on sunday and the lord was talking.straight.to.me Although it was quite discouraging, but I knew that I'm ALMOST there! I can't give up now no matter how much I want to. I will pass my boards and work in my field very very soon! http://www.thegonow.com/sermon/livestream-10/
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 12:43pm
God and my daughter calling me Mommy for the first time . Eight years later and i still get emotional when she calls me . I am so thankful to be a mother. I miss my mother words of wisdom . Wish i listen more to my mom .
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

I read the same article... 

http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1631176_1630611_1630512,00.html

Happiness

Count Your Blessings

dekMartin Harvey / Corbis

Count your blessings — but not everyday. Sonja Lyubomirsky, an experimental psychologist at UC Riverside, found that people who once a week wrote down five things they were grateful for were happier than those who did it three times a week. "It's an issue of timing or frequency," says Lyubomirsky, "When people do anything too often it loses the freshness and meaning. You need to have optimal timing." Lyubomirsky added that it has to feel right. She tried to count her blessings and hated it. "I found it hokey. It didn't work for me. Just like a diet program, what you do has to fit your lifestyle, personality and goals." In essence, gratitude might not be for everyone. But if it is, another exercise is to think of a person who has been kind to you that you've wanted to thank — a teacher, mentor or parent — and write a letter, once a week to different individuals over two months. You don't even have to send it to feel happier.

NEXT

Read more: Count Your Blessings - Health and Happiness - TIME http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1631176_1630611_1630512,00.html #ixzz2joD7bc9m

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 4:36pm
http://islam.about.com/od/prayer/a/patience.htm
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

I read the same article... 

http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1631176_1630611_1630512,00.html

Happiness

Count Your Blessings

dekMartin Harvey / Corbis

Count your blessings — but not everyday. Sonja Lyubomirsky, an experimental psychologist at UC Riverside, found that people who once a week wrote down five things they were grateful for were happier than those who did it three times a week. "It's an issue of timing or frequency," says Lyubomirsky, "When people do anything too often it loses the freshness and meaning. You need to have optimal timing." Lyubomirsky added that it has to feel right. She tried to count her blessings and hated it. "I found it hokey. It didn't work for me. Just like a diet program, what you do has to fit your lifestyle, personality and goals." In essence, gratitude might not be for everyone. But if it is, another exercise is to think of a person who has been kind to you that you've wanted to thank — a teacher, mentor or parent — and write a letter, once a week to different individuals over two months. You don't even have to send it to feel happier.

NEXT

Read more: Count Your Blessings - Health and Happiness - TIME http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1631176_1630611_1630512,00.html #ixzz2joD7bc9m

That's a nice series.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1631176,00.html
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic