BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Have you ever lied on a resume

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 6:28pm
No
Sponsored Links

mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:29pm
When i was younger i would embellish like proficient in word, excel stuff like that and then i extended the time frame for one job i worked at for 10 mths but put a year. I really dont have to do that now because my exp, but i do need to update my resume for an external job. My current resume is basically 1 old job and all the 4 positions i had internally with my current job which i been at for 11yrs
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

yes. i always say im a ppl person.

Stern Smile

this LOL
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:37pm
We just fired a guy over that. He said he knew SQL and he used it all the time for his prior department. Turns out in his old department  the scripts were already written and all he did was just plug in what was needed for his team. He couldn't write a simple join statement so he had to go.

We also had another person lie about their degree in an interview but when we did background no school came up. DO NOT LIE ABOUT GOING TO COLLEGE because this can be pulled.

Edited by HowardAlumAKA - Apr 30 2014 at 7:38pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

We just fired a guy over that. He said he knew SQL and he used it all the time for his prior department. Turns out in his old department  the scripts were already written and all he did was just plug in what was needed for his team. He couldn't write a simple join statement so he had to go.

We also had another person lie about their degree in an interview but when we did background no school came up. DO NOT LIE ABOUT GOING TO COLLEGE because this can be pulled.

aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:42pm
Who the hell is out here lying about degrees they don't have? That's just dumb as fukk.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

now I'm going to be suspicious when I see a 'volunteer' section on a resume.

I didn't know

Does it really matter THAT much? Do you work in hr?
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:00pm
It's more of embellishing!

But if I'm gonna embellish, it's going to be in areas I know and can research!
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:02pm
This  topic was posted on LSA and the girl's friend got busted...she was hired and now she has to show proof of her degree of which she said she got on her resume...Confused
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:22pm
I'll admit, I stopped putting GED and just put Highschool diploma on applications and stuff. I just felt like people were prejudging me, and it's pretty much the same huh?.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic