Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHave you ever had your weave too tight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
GA_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 7:42pm
yes i have and it was so annoying, learn from this lesson and tell the braider to loosen up next time, if she does not move on
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 7:56pm

oh , god yes , yes and i have a ball spot to this day Cry

Loveyoumuch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2009 at 5:46pm

I am sorry for the bad experience.  CryI've been going to Trayce Madre for over three years and my own hair has grown tremendous. One thing I can say is that even though she does great weave, she still focuses on your own hair being healthy.   I am very surprised of your experience. Did you have another tech do your hair other than Trayce?  Which technique did you get the matrix, traditional sew, or strands?  If I were you I would have contacted Trayce personally and let her know?    Did you ever try to contact Trayce and let her know of your experience?  Smile

Loveyoumuch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2009 at 5:48pm

I am sorry for the bad experience.  CryI've been going to Trayce Madre for over three years and my own hair has grown tremendous. One thing I can say is that even though she does great weave, she still focuses on your own hair being healthy.   I am very surprised of your experience. Did you have another tech do your hair other than Trayce?  Which technique did you get the matrix, traditional sew, or strands?  If I were you I would have contacted Trayce personally and let her know?    Did you ever try to contact Trayce and let her know of your experience?  Wink

Unique Monique View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2009 at 5:58pm

I always tell my cusotmers that  if you take down your install and detangle your hair , wash, then get your sew-in within 24 hour  your head my be a sore therefore causing you to have a head ache or feel tender.   I try to ask them while I am braiding if they are ok, but some people are just tender headed and there is nothing I can do about that.  I did my  sew-in too tight once and I was too lazy to take it down so I rinsed it with cold water and that helped. 

kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2009 at 12:27pm
^^yea, I am just naturally tender headed.
diva0721 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2009 at 9:18pm
I'm with the girl that said she has has nothing but growth from trayce. You must be talking about one off those wack a** stylist she had in her old shop. My opinion you should call her out. I had an experience like that with this chick named tacara and trayce had to fix it. She jumped right at it when she saw how she took my hair out... I didn't blame her because you can train people but they have to follow what they are taught. I definitely think you should call her she's not like that she fixed me for free.   
Originally posted by OUWE OUWE wrote:

After the tightness wears off - the itchies are next. I don't understand this - to braid your hair TIGHT then you sewthe hairon TIGHT = snatching you bald OR bumps.

If too tight, get in the shower - if you can - tie your hair up in a high ponytail so it will not pull at your hair and allow the water to get to your scalp.
Me*Again View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2009 at 10:13pm
Back in Dec. I got my very first sew-in and the stylist said I was tender headed. After about 3 days I couldn't stand the pain anymore, even after pills, and a little wine(thinking it would help ease the pain). Well I fINALLY went back to her and she (African stylist) popped the track in the crown of my head and i immediately felt relief, even though It still took a good week of healling . After the itchies started, I noticed scabs in the top of my head and when they healed, the hair was completely gone BALD ladies, bigger than the size of the old school silver dollars and it appears I have some sort of CUT or SPLIT in the top of my head!!! Now, I have to wear a weave because braids will not even cover up the bald spot! What's even worse now I badly need my hair redone and I'm AFRAID. I don't know where to go or what to do.
Ladies, listen to your body! If head is saying too tight to the point you are in tears, TAKE IT OUT!

Edited by Me*Again - Mar 04 2009 at 10:20pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic