Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHave you ever had your weave too tight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MzKoKoNY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 12:55pm
if the braids are done too tight..this can lead to breakage...i just don't think it's worth popping pills, being in pain...to be left with no hair on your head...

weaves should NOT be painful...tightness does not make the weave last..and adding extention hair just makes the braider braid tighter..then on top of that you're sewing tracks and some stylist pull too damn tight...

if it continues to be tight..if you see puckering especially at the hairline...develop swelling and bumps...take it out asap...cuz it's a sign that ya hair is about to snap off

and ladies...don't sit in the hair and let them pull on your hair for dear life...if it's hurting while they're doing it..speak up...if they refuse to lessen the tension..get up and go
Sponsored Links

kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 8:07am
^^^Thanks for the input, MzKoKo.
I only have myself to blame in this case!

But thankfully the tension stopped yesterday, but then I developed a really bad case of the itchies!But then I washed the hair and my scalp and that went away.....

Anisah11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 8:19am

that's funny because I just took down my install because I decided to braid my hair a little tighter than normal.

I took it out after only 2 days. I hate anything tight on my head and I am not trying to damage my hair, have a beautiful install and I can't think straight or laugh!!! I rather take it out!!!!
havilland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 11:37am
Originally posted by MzKoKoNY MzKoKoNY wrote:

if the braids are done too tight..this can lead to breakage...i just don't think it's worth popping pills, being in pain...to be left with no hair on your head...

weaves should NOT be painful...tightness does not make the weave last..and adding extention hair just makes the braider braid tighter..then on top of that you're sewing tracks and some stylist pull too damn tight...

if it continues to be tight..if you see puckering especially at the hairline...develop swelling and bumps...take it out asap...cuz it's a sign that ya hair is about to snap off

and ladies...don't sit in the hair and let them pull on your hair for dear life...if it's hurting while they're doing it..speak up...if they refuse to lessen the tension..get up and go

ITA

the tight braids and tight stitching is why weaves have such a bad reputation for making women lose their hair.   

i had a tight weave a couple of times...thank God i found another stylist before i went bald.  Angry

my stylist doesn't braid tight at all and my weaves last 2-3 months. 
SinDerElla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 12:12pm
I'm tender headed so even ponytails get to be a bit too tight on me after a while.

I just make sure I take two tylenol before I go so me stylists. It's always gone when I wake up the next morning!
sarakaun View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 2:14pm
You are so right. I got my first sew-in about 6 months ago and as the assistant braided it was tight - I spoke up a few times but that did not help. By the time the assistant had sewed in the weave, I was in crazy pain. You know how you're in so much pain, you can't even speak? I was out of it for about 1 week and was popping pain killers.

Anyway, fast forward a few months for my next install - and it was the same. This time it was even worse because he took out the old weave, combed out my hair with a small comb (torture) and the re-did the weave. Also, he did a bang-up job with the hair and it shed like crazy.

I decided all that money ($350) was too much to spend on a weave that got cut like crazy and was unusable the next time around. I decided to call the shop and pick a different stylist.

sarakaun View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 2:15pm
I'm very tender headed and made that known several times. It's not in my best interest to shell out $700+ to get my hair done and then be out of commission for a week.

Edited by sarakaun - Feb 25 2009 at 2:17pm
MzKoKoNY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by sarakaun sarakaun wrote:

You are so right. I got my first sew-in about 6 months ago and as the assistant braided it was tight - I spoke up a few times but that did not help. By the time the assistant had sewed in the weave, I was in crazy pain. You know how you're in so much pain, you can't even speak? I was out of it for about 1 week and was popping pain killers.

Anyway, fast forward a few months for my next install - and it was the same. This time it was even worse because he took out the old weave, combed out my hair with a small comb (torture) and the re-did the weave. Also, he did a bang-up job with the hair and it shed like crazy.

I decided all that money ($350) was too much to spend on a weave that got cut like crazy and was unusable the next time around. I decided to call the shop and pick a different stylist.

girl i know all too well...before i got into the hair bizness i decided i would go to a friend who braided really well to get a braid-weave...i didn't feel like spending all weekend braiding my hair..so i braided the edges..and went to her to walk her through how to install it...she went to braiding and i'm natural...and the pulling was soo bad i felt weak like i was about to throw up and got dizzy and the tears would not stop falling..i had to stop her and say...i can't deal with this...and when she looked at me and saw the tears and the shakes..she didn't know she was braiding that tight...i could not take the extra tight braids let alone her sewing tracks on top...
LuvRayn07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 4:15pm

This brings up a very bad memory..

I let my homegirl put my weave in for homecoming...and after she was done my scalp was literally burning from how tight the install was. It hurt so bad I cried and I could hardly lay my head down. I was popping aspirins and pouring cold water in between the parts...I was doing any and everything I could to ease that pain.  NEVER AGAIN Thumbs%20Down
yaki1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2009 at 4:52pm
I say take it out, your own hair may suffer............. I 've been there and wish I took mine out the next day!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic