Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHave you ever had your weave too tight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever had your weave too tight?
    Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 7:57am
Hey ladies. I did my second sew in on Saturday, and I realized that I must have sew in my weave too tight because the middle of my hair is hurting me. It feels like someone is pulling my hair. I know its not my moms fault,she was the one who braided my hair.

I've been tugging at the braids a little to try to release some of the tension. Its not a terrible pain, but it is a bit annoying.

Has this ever happened to you?Ouch
Sponsored Links

ifeyini View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 8:05am
yep! i did one weave in my head and i couldnt take it! i dont know know why i decided to do it tighter than normal. i ended up taking some childrens asprin and cut some of my thread out my head and it felt much better!
mimi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 10:50am
Well I got my weave done on sunday and mine is definitely tight... But after the next day it loosened a bit. It was tight but bareable. I also moisturized my scalp with mizani H2o hairdress. That helped as well.
blackbar-b View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 11:13am
depends on how tight i went to trayce madres hair salon and the braider braided my hair too tight that i that i has a headache for over a week and my install was still too tight after a monthDeadi felt so bad and too tight is not good because it puts stress on you hair and after i took it out it was a 6wks and my hair shed like crazyThumbs%20Down i dont recommend her i was tryin a new person at the time and i was unaware that when you hear a popping sound that thats you hair popping and breaking from the braider. Angrynot to mention that your hair get tighter after the net is sewn on then you have to sew the hair . boy i was f#$% up ill never go back and the ish costed $300  and that was from her understudy who supposed to do the sewin exactly like her that was some bull s$%*. but my whole head hurt not the top so take it from me because you spend more doesnt mean better
HairGirl203 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 11:24am
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

Hey ladies. I did my second sew in on Saturday, and I realized that I must have sew in my weave too tight because the middle of my hair is hurting me. It feels like someone is pulling my hair. I know its not my moms fault,she was the one who braided my hair.

I've been tugging at the braids a little to try to release some of the tension. Its not a terrible pain, but it is a bit annoying.

Has this ever happened to you?Ouch

Omgod ...Im going thru this right now ...Its going away thou ...i had to undo some wefts and resue them ...But its still feeling a little tender ....I think this may come from the fact that i always where my hair in a part in the middle and i need to chill out and switch parts .....Ive been putting some softsheen oil therapy and massaging the top ...it seems to be loosening up more ...but it is quite annoying ..at first it was feeling like someone was pulling on my horse shoes...and i know its not the braider ...because she didnt braid tight ..and used extension hair ...it also made it feel better after i did a cowash ..and sprayed some water on the horse shoe .....Im kinda scared i hope this doesnt give me alopecia or somethignCry
OUWE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 11:27am
After the tightness wears off - the itchies are next.  I don't understand this - to braid your hair TIGHT then you sew the hair on TIGHT = snatching you bald OR bumps.

If too tight, get in the shower - if you can - tie your hair up in a high ponytail so it will not pull at your hair and allow the water to get to your scalp.
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 11:41am
Ive definiatley had it to tight before .. to the extremes where i was in fear of moving my hear as each slight move made it worse Angry

Ive gone through sleepless nights ... bumps, lumps and scabs all over my head ...

Ive haad to resort to doing my own weaves now even though it takes me AGES and not AS good as the professionals ... but still better than going through that pain
missdetroit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 12:13pm
**New to BHM, but been rocking weaves since '95**  Wink

My first weave back in the day was sooo tight that it caused swelling around the edges of my hairline.  I was 15 years old and my mom had just spent $250 dollars back in 1995 for it, so I was trying to hold out.  But by the next day my head was hurting so bad that my mom made me take it out. 

After that I learned that braiding too tight doesn't make a weave "last longer", but it could cost damage that lasts forever.  So not worth it...
rinthecutie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 12:14pm
Not with my weave but I do remember my aunt braiding my hair so tight that I couldn't sleep.

I'll take a too tight or a too loose anyday though because I sweat and scratch a lot so it loosens up within a day or 2.
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 12:29pm
Yes, I have back in Nov when I decided to take a break from lacewigs I tried to be cheap and did not want to spend $225 with my stylist so i went to this other chick that messed up my laniks bodywave, installed it ugly and braided too tight after I told her that my hair is very fragile and thin. I took it out after 1week and half to find my self slap azz bald around my edges and the middle of my head was too tender to even wash. I am still recovering from that ordeal.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic