Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Have you ever had a garment made from scratch?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever had a garment made from scratch?
    Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 2:19am
by a tailor or dressmaker? If so, how did you explain to them what you wanted? Did you draw a picture? And how much did it cost?
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 5:41am
I had a traditional Korean dress custom made earlier this year.  I picked out the dress I wanted, did the measurements according to the directions on the site and spoke to the owner about it, triple checking the measurements and making sure the garment would fit before sending it out.  I had an awesome experience.  The cost was around $300 for the full set, including custom-made undergarments.

I plan on finding another dress maker to do a reform on a kimono.  I plan on drawing a detailed picture and taking measurements before sending it off.  Not sure how much it will cost, but I know in Japan, it tends to be somewhere around $200-300.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 7:40am
We looked together in a pattern magazines and the site the dress came from and put it together. It was my MIL who made it so I just had to buy the fabric.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 9:00am
Bump cause a sista is curious
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 9:10am
Yes my prom dress. It cost 200.00
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 12:47pm
I took her the fabric and drew pix..... It was my prom dress...I looked like a damn hwore.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 12:54pm
I make purses out of old furs .
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 12:55pm
Nigerians get clothes custom every weekend for a party or an occasion. Normal range is $60-$150 depending on the design. I buy the fabric and just take it to the tailor with a pic of what I want.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 1:25pm
I would love to find someone in the DMV that make custom made clothes at a reasonable price...
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 8:27pm
Yes when I was younger.  It was African attire.  Honestly it was a crap shoot.  I had one tailor sew me an outfit so dope that I had people asking me where did I get that outfit.  Another one sewn me a dress and mercy, it was just downright awful.  It looked like the epitome of homemade sin.  But it was for my cousin's wedding so whatever.  I donated that dress to the Goodwill.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic