Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Have you ever been VERBALLY ABUSED at WORK?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by missdeeluxe missdeeluxe wrote:

Clap
Good for her.

Luckily I've never had someone in a supervisor/management position verbally abuse me, but I encountered so much of it from customers.
I worked for Speedway for 2 years and encountered some of the most ignorant, rude, scum of the earth people on a daily basis.

People screaming at you, throwing things over the counter at you, threatening you, and all over the price of gas/cigarettes/alcohol, or because a special had ended.
I had to call the cops on numerous occasions because of sexual harassment, or violent and intoxicated people.
I lost some faith in humanity working at that place.
Disapprove

All of this, except I used to work for the city bus service.

Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:18pm
Thumbs Up good for her

My old boss called me a bitch before, and told me she ought to slap me. I laughed. Good times, good times LOL. she was cool
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I wish doctors would get fined for disrespecting nurses. 
I agree . I file a report and nothing happens. Bad enough while placing a IV in a PT and they call you the N word. I plan to retire soon .

A doctor called you the N word?!!! I swear those reports don't do sh*t. I don't know what I'd do if a doc called me the N word......I'd make a big deal of it.....maybe not to him, but so a superior.
I worked as an ER nurse for a short while and most of the docs were young and sweethearts.
My new floor has older docs and there's a real cool yt nurse that tells me which ones to look out for. I can even see how the nurses get anxious about the doctors yelling or abusing them. I've always prayed this won't happen to me cause I might not know how to act. B/c however it goes down, I feel that doc will never forget me. It's worse since I'm a young nurse, so it might make them easily try to disrespect me.
No. I Experience several racist PT that call me the N word over the years .  I admire young people that enter the field today. Try to obtain several years in the ER and move on if you desire .  I Currently work in the ER . Pediatrics was my specialty at one point. I hope you have a wonderful career.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:34pm

I agree . I file a report and nothing happens. Bad enough while placing a IV in a PT and they call you the N word. I plan to retire soon .

Edited by OrriannaRose - Nov 05 2012 at 8:37pm
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:51pm

A doctor called you the N word?!!! I swear those reports don't do sh*t. I don't know what I'd do if a doc called me the N word......I'd make a big deal of it.....maybe not to him, but so a superior.
I worked as an ER nurse for a short while and most of the docs were young and sweethearts.
My new floor has older docs and there's a real cool yt nurse that tells me which ones to look out for. I can even see how the nurses get anxious about the doctors yelling or abusing them. I've always prayed this won't happen to me cause I might not know how to act. B/c however it goes down, I feel that doc will never forget me. It's worse since I'm a young nurse, so it might make them easily try to disrespect me.

No. I Experience several racist PT that call me the N word over the years .  I admire young people that enter the field today. Try to obtain several years in the ER and move on if you desire .  I Currently work in the ER . Pediatrics was my specialty at one point. I hope you have a wonderful career.

Yes I've had racist pts, I've left the ER and now work on a different unit. I can't stand all the characters the ER brings in.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

LMAO!!!
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:54pm

I'm not sure if you meant the doctor called you one, or the patient...If the doctor did, you should have reported it.  If the patient did, you should have stuck them 20 times "I just can't find a good vein"LOL

eta: just read this page nowLOL

Edited by Tbaby - Nov 05 2012 at 8:55pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I'm not sure if you meant the doctor called you one, or the patient...If the doctor did, you should have reported it.  If the patient did, you should have stuck them 20 times "I just can't find a good vein"LOL

eta: just read this page nowLOL

Except you could only try 2xs. I would report to the charge nurse to change my assignment.
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:13pm
Yep and I've verbally abused right back.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:21pm
In my younger days, I had a manager cuss me, and then PUSH me.  Needless to say I beat her ass.  I was a cocktail waitress.

I also had a manager (retail) who was very ugly and rude to all the staff that worked for her.  I was assistant manager and all the employees were coming to me to complain.  I had to quit that job after 3 months or risk catching a case with that one. . .

Currently I work with a doctor who habitually verbally abuses nurses, but after I told him several years ago he could kiss my ass talking to me with that tone, I am NOT your fukkin wife or child and you don't sign my gatdam paycheck, and to PLEASE write an order that Peaceful can NEVER take your patients again, he quit doing that sh!t to me, and now he LOVES me and we have a respectful relationship.

I think some of these employers/coworkers know who they can mess with and it becomes a habit, a feeding frenzy, once they start getting away with it. 

I am glad she sued.

And before someone says Shocked Peaceful, just know, it's a GOAL. LOL woo sa
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic