Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

have we taken crowd funding too far??!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

She has cable hol up where was that info?

She needs a job in this day and age only middle aged well off people can successfully live with 1 income

She needs to move to a cheaper part of town (hood) that's it

And I guarantee she gets more money from the govt because she has a baby so at least they can eat

From the link in OP Bisa whined she has a $150 cable bill

This past month my fiance Erick and I moved with our 8 month old daughter from the West Side of Chicago to the Northwest suburbs, about 25 miles North of Chicago. Despite not having very much money (I'm a stay-at home Mom), we made the costly jump from “the hood” to “the burbs” in the interest of our daughter's safety. I'm sure I don't need to detail Chicago's crime rates for you, the news is doing a bang-up job of that already.

We made this move thinking it would *slightly* more expensive than living in the city, but worth it in the long run. My mom had offered us the use of her car for Erick to commute to work, so that we might be able to save some money to buy our own car. Well wouldn't you know it, that fell through, and we had to buy a car 2 weeks after we moved, in order for Erick to not be fired for “lack of reliable transportation”. We had about $1,000 saved at the time, and had to put all of that plus an additional $250 that we literally did not have (they held the check for a week until we did) down as a deposit on the car. In addition, the first payment of the car insurance ended up costing $150 more than the other installments, again a down payment of money that we did not have. We still haven't purchased the $55 city sticker, because we can't afford it and I'm praying that we don't get a ticket.

After paying all this money that we couldn't afford for a car, we have no money left for our bills. This month's rent is $1208, and after that is paid, we have $26. Just $26.

We still have to pay a $225 gas bill (from our old house), as well as our phone bill ($186), Comcast ($150), not to mention gas for the car and money for incidentals (laundry, toiletries, diapers, pet food, etc). We are already on food stamps, but that doesn't go very far because we have to also buy formula for the baby, and my 17 year old brother is also staying with us right now.

We have now realized that we can't stay in the apartment that we just moved to, because my Mom (whom I have an incredibly strained relationship with) retains ownership of it and comes and goes as she pleases. When I confronted her about this last week, she informed me that it was still her house (though she now lives in a different apartment in the complex), that she would continue to do as she pleased, and if I took issue with it my family and I were “free to vacate the premises”. Essentially, she was letting me know that my house is not my own (despite the rent that we pay), and if we did not submit to her wishes, we could kick rocks. That is the sort of relationship we have, and I'm sure it's understandable why I wouldn't want someone with that attitude randomly popping up while I'm trying to go about my day. SleepyWe still want to live in the suburbs of course, but we now need to come up with enough money for a deposit/1st month's rent in order to move again, on top of all of our other bills.

Needless to say, all of this is taking a toll on our family. Erick already works 2 jobs for a total of 63 hours per week, and he gets to see his daughter for maybe 2 hours each day. I have been battling severe depression and anxiety on/off for the past 10 years, and due to insurance being totally sh*tty, I can't see a doctor until we get married (and I get coverage thru him) next year. Obviously, stressing about money is not healthy for anyone, much less someone with my issues. It is taking a serious toll on my mental health, and lately I have been getting more and more depressed, to the point where I am literally crying myself to sleep because I don't know what to do. I have thought of suicide recently, but it's not because I want to die. It's because I can't envision a way out of this hole and sometimes I think that not waking up would at least be less stressful than this.

Please help us. Even $1 helps, and the money that you donate will go towards paying off our bills, moving to a less anxiety-filled environment, and maybe giving Erick a day off so that he might be able to spend some quality time with our daughter.

- See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/help-the-taylor-family-survive-in-the-suburbs-/226218#sthash.PUh1RoZX.dpuf

Edited by Tbaby - Aug 30 2014 at 8:24pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:21pm
nvm.  yeah the bish is a mess.

why do they have to wait until next year to get married? she needs insurance because she's depressed, suffers anxiety, and suicidal, but that takes a backseat to a real wedding??? ConfusedConfusedif you don't take your ass to the court house. 

Edited by ms_wonderland - Aug 30 2014 at 8:23pm
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:41pm
I dont know what makes them think this story is any different then a lot of people smh & I see ways to cut cost this is what happens when poor people dont want to live like theyre poor.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 9:36pm
has TC posted yet? lol
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I dont know what makes them think this story is any different then a lot of people smh & I see ways to cut cost this is what happens when poor people dont want to live like theyre poor.

Bike, carpool, walk, public transpo to work.
No cable.
No phone. Get a cheap prepaid 20$ phone.
Food pantry, WIC.
Can't afford food your child, you surely can't afford food for your pet. Give it up.
Don't like mama coming in and out...take yourself outside with your baby and get some exercise and fresh air.
Coupon, collect cans, and do odd jobs around the neighborhood for folks for extra cash.

I feel like people do not understand what it means to work, let alone work hard.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 9:51pm
as long as you know how to braid and your man and your brother know how to work some clippers an craigs list & ig are free, you will never have to have an empty pocket. that is my donation of advice to they' high faluitin beggin azzes. got more cable channels than rich people and looking for a handout from $5 o's like me that bus they azz to pay off grad school student loans.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:06pm
im so trying not to talk ugly about the 'story' as i read and dissect it. but um...if the quick fix to her lack of adequate insurance is a marriage license to become eligible for the guy's insurance, wtf havent they walked their blk azzes to the courthouse yet instead of letting her mental health deteriorate more? I dont know about chicago, but nj, if you qualify for food stamps, you qualify for medicaid. so what is the problem? to high falutin to standin line at the dept of social services for the care that you need access to?

dude works 62 hours a week. hell, that is what you are supposed to do when you are young and trying to get on your feet properly? That is a 40 hour a week schedule job and a 23 hour part time which is probably 5 nights a week and the oher 2 nights are at the trap house, smoking weed and and playing madden an at the chicago after hour spot.  wtf. I worked 3 jobs b4 for years at a time, not b/c i had to but b4 i like to earn money for security - financial stability - financial goals. Goals. he is working 2 jobs while you watch the judge shows and love and hip hop on cable and youtube tutorials on your $150 high speed comcast cable/internet bundle.

any o' that has a $150 cable bill but cant reduce it to basic cable to have money for self/baby/fiance to have the safety & security of a $55 city sticker for the car can kiss my black azz. it is time to sink or swim. thats how you learn through fire to go from child to adult. what we do as a nation.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Aug 30 2014 at 10:29pm
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:28pm
*shrugs*  I would donate to them before I did this damn ALS code for keeping white people distracted from #Ferguson  

I just wish there was something out there to be a part of that mattered.  Something that would actually truly positively affect us as a people.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:31pm
she can't get on his insurance without being married? I know people who used to carry their boyfriends (women doing too much again), but has that changed in past 10 years?
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:34pm
It has BEEN bad.

I have seen a lot of begging posts and though some are worth helping out with, there's also others which are just lazy people outright asking you to wipe their ass.

It's odd because we have a negative attitude towards help programs like welfare but here we are willing to give THOUSANDS towards people makinh potato salads or killing black kids.

I'll never understand it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair