Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

have we taken crowd funding too far??!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: have we taken crowd funding too far??!
    Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:11pm
now apologies in advance if this any of your peoples, but i see more and more of this stuff

now im on the fence about someo fo these causes,

but thoughts?

Help the Taylor Family survive in the Suburbs!

the link

http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/help-the-taylor-family-survive-in-the-suburbs-/226218

lisawithabee:

Hey guys. Bïsa here.

I’m just gonna come out and say it, I need help.

My fiance, baby, and I just moved to the suburbs of Chicago to try and escape the violence that is currently plaguing my city. We can’t make ends meet at all (details on the page), and we have no other options.

I am getting more depressed each day and I can see no way out of this hole. We can’t pay our bills, we are in an extremely stressful living situation, and we don’t even have enough money to wash our clothes. I am literally crying myself to sleep each night.

You guys, I need your help. My birthday is today (I’m 24 now), and I found my fiance crying in the bathroom the other day because he can’t afford to do anything for it. Personally, I just want to be able to pay our bills and have an entire day where he doesn’t have to work so he can spend time with the baby and me.

Tumblr, can you help make my birthday wish come true?

Please donate what you can or signal boost if you can’t.

Thank you all so much in advance.

<3 Lisawithabee

Edited by afrokock - Aug 30 2014 at 2:12pm
Sponsored Links

Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:14pm
u aint seen nothing yet...this only the beginning of people begging....this isnt crowd funding, its flat out begging 
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:16pm
Fcuk these folks. Mess.
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:17pm
Keep staring at the photo and back at my wallet trying to figure out why anyone would just up and give these folks money.

"I just want to be able to pay our bills and have an entire day where he doesn’t have to work so he can spend time with the baby and me."    

Ummm...did men & women complain about this back in the day? If yo daddy was never around cause he was always in the office/had a hammer in his hand your family was winning.

Edited by Fraiche2Death - Aug 30 2014 at 2:20pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

Fcuk these folks. Mess.

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:25pm
Don't hurt to ask...
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:25pm
It depends. Sometimes people take advantage of something that could otherwise be used for good.

I wouldn't donate to her.  

I'd sell drugs or hop on the pole if it gets that bad. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:27pm
Lol can't think of anything to nice say. Yes, it's gone too far. There's an obscene amount of money wasted on people who haven't been vetted at all. Sometimes I wonder if people think it's funny to donate, like to the mugshot guy. Idk what's funny about it though, they must want to be a part of something.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:29pm
If people will give the money, why not ask?

Wouldn't be me though.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:39pm
Askin' ain't gettin'. - Pork (Gone With the wind)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style