Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Have any of you ever...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:15am
All of the above!
Your life is PRECIOUS and whatever you are going through, you are still VALUABLE!

Edited by Ms_Kudos - Nov 22 2013 at 11:16am
Sponsored Links

Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:18am
Im praying for you. If thats what you feel you need to do, then please do so. Any stressors that can be removed from your life w/o consequence, remove it. It will help you with your healing.
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:21am
Hug 
Once your probation time is up, you will probably feel more at ease.  I think a lot of people feel this way after losing a job.  It's normal.   Checking yourself in a hospital will probably not help you.  If possible, you should look for a therapist.  I have a close friend that had checked herself in a hospital and all they did was drug her up and give her group therapy.  It didn't help her at all. 

Wish you luck!
tantan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tantan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:27am
Does your job have the free program where you're able to call someone and talk to them? I can't remember the name of it (sorry) but it's free to all employees..it offers assistance for things like this Hug

^^^^
It called EAP Employee Assistance Program and they usually offer a certain amount of counseling sessions to employees

Edited by tantan - Nov 22 2013 at 11:28am
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:43am
Therapy therapy therapy!
Sometimes all you need is a fresh ear.
I know what it is to be under the grip of serious anxiety that you cannot control, coupled with depression it is a monster to battle on your own.
I agree with a hospital check in being your absolute last resort, perhaps you should try some of the other things posters mentioned?
I can co-sign that therapy is definitely helpful, but everyone is different.
You have options girly, feel free to explore what makes you feel most comfortable and at ease Hug
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:31pm
Therapy and anti depressants. Try to see a regular doctor first before going to the hospital.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:48pm
can you get into a therapist?
if you're not suicidal and still of sound mind, i would not recommend going inpatient 
iWorship_BlackGirl View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iWorship_BlackGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 2:01pm

Nah I have in some stressful times. It may sound dumb, but you just have to think positive. You emotions governs your actions, which governs your reality. Or weed helps.... It helps rearrange your thought process. But it depends on the person how they take advantage of their highs.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

can you get into a therapist?
if you're not suicidal and still of sound mind, i would not recommend going inpatient 

This
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

Originally posted by aurora_sky aurora_sky wrote:

Does your job have an EAP (employee assistance program)? Maybe you can start there.

Yes! That's the name of it!

I knew it started with an "e", but couldn't recall the full name -_-

But yeah, check with HR...most jobs have this, I believe

this
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair