FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Havana Twists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
ErrickaNicholle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ErrickaNicholle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Havana Twists
    Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 9:38am
Hey Ladies! As promised I would come back and share my latest protective style, which I believe a picture of them are floating around in a twist topic, but the name is escaping me at the moment. Anywho I just copied everything from my blog and I hope the pictures show up.

I initially fell in love with these twists after seeing a post about them on Curly Nikki. The girl was showing off these fat juicy twists that instantly caught my eye and I just couldn’t get off of curly nikki without finding out more about the twists. I researched like crazy on these twists, including the technique, hair used and the longevity of the style. But I was quite difficult because I was only able to find a small amount of pictures and or testimonies of people who have actually had the style. So after stalking Curly Nikki and the women who got the twists done as well, I decided to visit the site and immediately fell in love all over again. I booked my appointment and the rest was history.

My experience:

The salon is located in the Upper East Side of New York City. It was quaint and quite clean and professional. The ladies there were all very helpful and informative. It only took here a little over an hour to complete the style. She started by applying some oil to my scalp then used some of their own pomade as a leave-in then started parting sections of my hair. With each section she braided the hair then wrapped the braiding hair around the small braid to protect my hair. This technique creates the illusion that the twists are growing out of my hair. Once she completed all the braids, which about 25 or 26 braids in total, she wrapped small flexy rods around the ends and then dipped them in hot water. I was advised to wash my scalp about once a week and use some sort of oil/water mixture to keep the twists looking fresh. Also, the style is expected to last 3 months with a six-week touch up which consists of washing and re-twisiting the perimeter braids.

Overall I’m in love with my latest protective style which will last me until about Mid November. Oh and it was about 110 dollars including the tip and the hair, which is a great price if you ask me. Also, my roots in the front are still blonde from my latest dye job but I may do a rinse tonight to have them all one uniform color. Now on to the pictures:

– This is the picture that made me fall in love with the twists. Beautiful right?

Here is a link to there tumblr page that has loads of information about the salon and other styles they do: http://afrigenix.tumblr.com/ & here is the link to there own site: www.afrigenix.com

Let me know what you guys think? Happy Labor Day! <3

20120902-094151.jpg

20120902-094438.jpg

20120902-094443.jpg

20120902-094448.jpg

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErrickaNicholle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 9:40am
Darn it the pictures aren't showing up...I believe if you click them they will take you to the picture on my blog.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 11:38am
You can see them but the pictures are small. But I can still see the style. The large twists you have in the picture were done in a salon and they charged you $110. Correct?
Thanks for sharing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErrickaNicholle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 5:52pm
Yep, it was due to some referral special they were running. I forgot to ask the set price though.
morgank98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morgank98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 7:00pm
How did they finish the ends?
cocoslim83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoslim83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2012 at 2:33pm
I want to try these.  A couple of youtubers have tutorials.  I'm trying to see the difference between using the havanna hair versus using marley hair.  I do not appreciate their shipping prices, lol. It's $13 a pack and then about $11 in shipping.  I want them long as well.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2012 at 10:55am
Originally posted by cocoslim83 cocoslim83 wrote:

I want to try these.  A couple of youtubers have tutorials.  I'm trying to see the difference between using the havanna hair versus using marley hair.  I do not appreciate their shipping prices, lol. It's $13 a pack and then about $11 in shipping.  I want them long as well.
No contest, you will not get the same look if you use the Marley braid hair. That being said, if you choose to still use it, brush the marley braid hair out before using it, other wise your twists will have crinkles in them. You want your twist to be smooth. Brushing the hair out will help you achieve this look, but there is much better hair to use than the marley braid, hair.
Scarletphoenix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletphoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 7:55pm
These are super cute! I would love to try something like this on my hair when it gets longer. I can't stand sitting in shops for much of anything these days 
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by cocoslim83 cocoslim83 wrote:

No contest, you will not get the same look if you use the Marley braid hair. That being said, if you choose to still use it, brush the marley braid hair out before using it, other wise your twists will have crinkles in them. You want your twist to be smooth. Brushing the hair out will help you achieve this look, but there is much better hair to use than the marley braid, hair.
Public Service : this look can be done with Marley hair just got done with this style I did my self I spent about $48 at fingercomber and I just compared some Marley Hair I had lying around and its the sameConfusedOuch I guess it depends on what brand you use: Freetress equal is a good marley braid hair for this style *wish I would have know could have save myself a few BUCKs!
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 7:46am
^^^pics or it didnt happen.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>