FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Havana Twists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:16pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndMMfjUbmgw
NOt me but you get the idea- even though I saw these vid I was swayed by the fingercomer hype and spen more money than I should have just trying to save someone so $$$$ I guess every Marley hair is not the same but there are a few out there That will work for the exact same Look

Edited by naturesgift - Jan 06 2013 at 1:17pm
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by cocoslim83 cocoslim83 wrote:

I want to try these.  A couple of youtubers have tutorials.  I'm trying to see the difference between using the havanna hair versus using marley hair.  I do not appreciate their shipping prices, lol. It's $13 a pack and then about $11 in shipping.  I want them long as well.
No contest, you will not get the same look if you use the Marley braid hair. That being said, if you choose to still use it, brush the marley braid hair out before using it, other wise your twists will have crinkles in them. You want your twist to be smooth. Brushing the hair out will help you achieve this look, but there is much better hair to use than the marley braid, hair.
Public Service : this look can be done with Marley hair just got done with this style I did my self I spent about $48 at fingercomber and I just compared some Marley Hair I had lying around and its the sameConfusedOuch I guess it depends on what brand you use: Freetress equal is a good marley braid hair for this style *wish I would have know could have save myself a few BUCKs!
I said it could be done, you can twist with whatever hair you want. Now your finished product will depend on the type of twist hair you use. I like a smooth, soft looking twist, the marley hair looks rough and it feels rough.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 10:19pm
again i think it depends on what brand of marley hair you use I have in the FC hair now and it feels like regular synthitic marley hair.... the bran i use is called rasta.... something I also heard the free tress marley hair is good to use IMO i dont think th FC hair is worth the money its not a dramtic diffrence
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:37am
Im workng on some marley twists now..problem is my hair is only about 2 inches long and my motor skills are subpar, so the invisible method is hard as fack. Im using 2 pieces of hair for each individual as I want them to be long, thick and kinda dredish instead of small and neat. I used the cheapest Marley hair I could find at the BSS..$4.99/pack, I bought 4 (#2) but will probably only use 3. I'll post pics when I get off work
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 11:50pm
Okay so, i did like 3/4 of my head in twist but never finished the middle. So!! I just pulled it all to the side..

Took em all out and reworked my strategy..
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 11:59pm
This is the hair i bought. I got 2 packs in 1B

I presectioned my hair
..its crazy because a few short months ago I was rocking the honey blonde fade..Im so ready to recut but I set goals, So I'm hoping this protective styling kick Im on will keep my mind occupied

Speaking of my fade, you may have noticed I got dark brown hair but I have honeyblonde tips..Yea, I noticed it to..but I likes it like that
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 12:10am
Cassandre Beccai on Youtube has a great tutorial.    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxp6tBdzs8Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

look up Marley/Havana/Chunky twists for other ideas
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 12:24am
My supplies

Spray my hair with water mixed with a little Aphogee leave in
Moisturize with my Cantu Shea butter leave in, detangle
Smooth ends with EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel
And twist!
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 11:48pm
I did mine with Marley hair and I love them.
I watched a YouTube video and they did it with Marley hair.

I didn't want to spend the extra money and I'm glad I didn't
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 7:58pm

good for you! I am so glad you love them what kinda marley brand did you use?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic