Forum LockedHask Henna n Placenta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
mrshicks2002 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hask Henna n Placenta
    Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 6:44pm
Have anyone tried this product or used it.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1215/495111

Edited by mrshicks2002 - Apr 11 2007 at 6:53pm
Sponsored Links

Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 7:33pm
I have been interested in trying this product for a long time but quickly lost interest since there was an article stating that there might be a link between cancer and early puberty to hair care products containing placenta, hormones, and some other ingredient.
talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 7:44pm
I used it years ago and liked it.  There is a leave in spray as well.   I like the ORS pak lately.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Champagne_Wishe Champagne_Wishe wrote:

I have been interested in trying this product for a long time but quickly lost interest since there was an article stating that there might be a link between cancer and early puberty to hair care products containing placenta, hormones, and some other ingredient.

Really...I guess I better do somemore reaching about this product.
freebuttafly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 10:20pm
yes its been said to cause cancer n i dont need no more problems i got enough 
wonderstar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 12:08am
I used it and liked it but dropped it like a hot potato when I heard placenta may lead to cancer.
haitiancurlyq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 12:29am
I used it and really liked it...I dropped it cause I'm a PJ and found newer more exciting things...lol..I do still see it at CVS and wanna try it...but what wonderstar just posted has me concerned...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 8:10am
Originally posted by wonderstar88 wonderstar88 wrote:

I used it and liked it but dropped it like a hot potato when I heard placenta may lead to cancer.

Its seems that I am going to have to hold off on this product. I dont want to be using anything that can lead to cancer.
olcow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 9:34am
I used it and loved it... but here is an article on it
==========================

Printer Friendly Version
Fact Sheets - Hormones in Personal Care Products and the Risk of Breast Cancer in African-American Women

What is the link between cosmetics and breast cancer?
Personal care products such as cosmetics, shampoos, and styling aids that are widely used by African Americans contain several chemicals known to behave like estrogens. Many people think that products available at their drug stores have been tested and proven safe by the government; however, this is not true. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the federal department that studies product safety, is only able to regulate cosmetics after products are released to the marketplace. Neither cosmetic products nor cosmetic ingredients are reviewed or approved by FDA before they are sold to the public. (More information on the way the FDA operates is available at http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/cos-206.html)

To date, there is no proof that any personal care product puts African-American women at a greater risk of breast cancer. However, there have been cases where the use of certain products has affected children like how hormones normally do during puberty. Chandra M. Tiwary, MD, a pediatric endocrinologist, has documented that the use of personal care products on young girls and babies has led to premature sexual development including breast development and pubic hair growth. Once the parents of these children stopped using the products in question, the sexual characteristics stopped developing, and with time the children returned to normal.

While this research does not connect to cancer risk, it does raise some concerns. The known risk factors for breast cancer include age, genetics, family history or personal history of breast cancer, no children or late age at first childbirth, early menarche (the first menstrual cycle), radiation to the breast, and prolonged exposure to oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy. If these products are having a hormonal effect, the worry is that these products might increase risk in the same way that long-term use of hormonal drugs increase risk.

What are the facts about African-American women and breast cancer?
It is a scientifically accepted fact that:
African American women under 40 have higher breast cancer rates than white women of the same age
African American women of ALL ages are more likely to die from breast cancer
Young African American women are diagnosed with later stage breast cancer
The earlier a woman starts her menstrual cycle, the higher her risk of breast cancer. African American girls generally start puberty earlier than white girls.
As is often the case in medical research, the causes of these racial differences are unclear. They could be due to social or economic reasons, or African-American women could be genetically at a higher risk of breast cancer than white women of the same age. However, it is also possible that African-American women are being exposed to substances that change their hormonal levels, and put them at risk for breast cancer. There has not yet been proof of this.

What products have been found to contain hormones?
Dr. Chandra M. Tiwary's research lists the following placenta shampoos as containing hormones (which contain placental extract):

Queen Helene Placenta cream hair conditioner. (Placental Enzymes)
Placenta Revitalizing shampoo (contains placental extract)
Perm Repair with placenta
Proline Perm Repair with placenta
Hask Placenta no rinse instant hair repair treatment
Hask Placenta hair conditioner
Mexican Spanish Super Gro Placenta
Nu Skin body smoother (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin NaPCA Moisturizer (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin pH balance (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin Enhancer (Human Placental Extract)
Hormone hair food Jajoba oil
Triple action Super Grow (contains hormones)
Supreme Vita-Gro (contains Estrogen and allantoin)
Luster's Sur Glo Hormone (contains hormone constituents)
B&B super Gro (contains estrogenic hormone constituents)
Lekair natural Super Glo (contains hormones)
Lekair Hormone hair treatment with Vitamin E
Isoplus Hormone hair treatment with Quinine (contains hormone constituents)
Fermodyl with Placenta hair conditioner, no rinse
Supreme VITA-GRO with allantoin and estrogen plus TEA-COCO
For more information about estrogen and its effects, view our Estrogen Fact Sheet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 9:55am
Originally posted by olcow olcow wrote:

I used it and loved it... but here is an article on it
==========================

Printer Friendly Version
Fact Sheets - Hormones in Personal Care Products and the Risk of Breast Cancer in African-American Women

What is the link between cosmetics and breast cancer?
Personal care products such as cosmetics, shampoos, and styling aids that are widely used by African Americans contain several chemicals known to behave like estrogens. Many people think that products available at their drug stores have been tested and proven safe by the government; however, this is not true. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the federal department that studies product safety, is only able to regulate cosmetics after products are released to the marketplace. Neither cosmetic products nor cosmetic ingredients are reviewed or approved by FDA before they are sold to the public. (More information on the way the FDA operates is available at http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/cos-206.html)

To date, there is no proof that any personal care product puts African-American women at a greater risk of breast cancer. However, there have been cases where the use of certain products has affected children like how hormones normally do during puberty. Chandra M. Tiwary, MD, a pediatric endocrinologist, has documented that the use of personal care products on young girls and babies has led to premature sexual development including breast development and pubic hair growth. Once the parents of these children stopped using the products in question, the sexual characteristics stopped developing, and with time the children returned to normal.

While this research does not connect to cancer risk, it does raise some concerns. The known risk factors for breast cancer include age, genetics, family history or personal history of breast cancer, no children or late age at first childbirth, early menarche (the first menstrual cycle), radiation to the breast, and prolonged exposure to oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy. If these products are having a hormonal effect, the worry is that these products might increase risk in the same way that long-term use of hormonal drugs increase risk.

What are the facts about African-American women and breast cancer?
It is a scientifically accepted fact that:
African American women under 40 have higher breast cancer rates than white women of the same age
African American women of ALL ages are more likely to die from breast cancer
Young African American women are diagnosed with later stage breast cancer
The earlier a woman starts her menstrual cycle, the higher her risk of breast cancer. African American girls generally start puberty earlier than white girls.
As is often the case in medical research, the causes of these racial differences are unclear. They could be due to social or economic reasons, or African-American women could be genetically at a higher risk of breast cancer than white women of the same age. However, it is also possible that African-American women are being exposed to substances that change their hormonal levels, and put them at risk for breast cancer. There has not yet been proof of this.

What products have been found to contain hormones?
Dr. Chandra M. Tiwary's research lists the following placenta shampoos as containing hormones (which contain placental extract):

Queen Helene Placenta cream hair conditioner. (Placental Enzymes)
Placenta Revitalizing shampoo (contains placental extract)
Perm Repair with placenta
Proline Perm Repair with placenta
Hask Placenta no rinse instant hair repair treatment
Hask Placenta hair conditioner
Mexican Spanish Super Gro Placenta
Nu Skin body smoother (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin NaPCA Moisturizer (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin pH balance (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin Enhancer (Human Placental Extract)
Hormone hair food Jajoba oil
Triple action Super Grow (contains hormones)
Supreme Vita-Gro (contains Estrogen and allantoin)
Luster's Sur Glo Hormone (contains hormone constituents)
B&B super Gro (contains estrogenic hormone constituents)
Lekair natural Super Glo (contains hormones)
Lekair Hormone hair treatment with Vitamin E
Isoplus Hormone hair treatment with Quinine (contains hormone constituents)
Fermodyl with Placenta hair conditioner, no rinse
Supreme VITA-GRO with allantoin and estrogen plus TEA-COCO
For more information about estrogen and its effects, view our Estrogen Fact Sheet

Thanks for this informative information. Thumbs%20Up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>