Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Has the internet killed the iconic celebrity?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has the internet killed the iconic celebrity?
    Posted: May 23 2013 at 11:29pm
from lsa 
In the past celebs were icons. We had marilyn, tom cruise,mj etc who were symbols of americana and grandeur. Now it seems that due to youtube, social media and reality tv anyone can be famous and now fame is more of the 15 minute variety. I think after this group of celebrities ( beyonce, angelina etc) celebs will no longer become international icons. Do you agree that social media and internet sites has killed the iconic status of celebrities? ( in a world where black chyna can be a celeb, i cringe)

Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 11:31pm
You are way too attached to celebrity. 
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 11:35pm
Lawd, I was just thinking about this topic! I came across a message board with a topic about people who unfollowed certain celebs due to their ratchet behavior on Twitter. Social media destroys that mystery that came with wondering what your fav. celeb's personality is like. Now celebs are just one click away, and anyone with a camera and internet can be famous.

Edited by honeyb87 - May 23 2013 at 11:36pm
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 11:42pm
I think so. I hear/read some of these celebs saying how they want some of their mystery back. I'm in Atlanta and I run into celebs all the time. You can read so much about them on their social pages and when I see them, I don't ask for autographs, pics or etc. It's like yeah okay, that's so and so, hey, hi are you, bye. (If it's an A lister, it's a different story lol). I don't see them as special people anymore. Plus I'm older and that could be another reason. 
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Lawd, I was just thinking about this topic! I came across a message board with a topic about people who unfollowed certain celebs due to their ratchet behavior on Twitter. Social media destroys that mystery that came with wondering what your fav. celeb's personality is like. Now celebs are just one click away, and anyone with a camera and internet can be famous.

yes girl. I grew up loving Brandy and Monica and I unfollowed both with the quickness. They are both lame as hell to me now. Though I like Monica more these days. I maybe follow 3 celebs, which Janet's team only post for her. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 11:45pm
The internet has ruined so many things
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 11:48pm
 Yes! the mystery is what kept people wanting to know more.Now that's just a click away.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 11:56pm
if managed properly celebrity can be bigger than it ever was ... easier access to more audiences and their pockets

just needs a completely new aproach
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 12:12am
you made this thread before or something very close to it
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 12:12am
Its not the internet its the lack of talent and originality. Record companies are satisfied investing in one hit wonders as long as they can bank of the current "sound".  There hasn't been an artist that blows me away consistently however there are artist who impress me with their willingness to do something that isnt predictable.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>