Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has anyones parents gotten divorced later in life
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Has anyones parents gotten divorced later in life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 5:58pm
i envision my marriage will be something akin to being in the mob,

blood in blood out by way of death

Edited by afrokock - Nov 24 2012 at 5:59pm
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:10pm
will yall sign the license after the ceremony in blood too? lol
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:12pm
I think bloody great sex on the honeymoon will seal the deal..

Double entedre
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

mine divorced when i was really young. my grandparents remarried in their 60's after 40 sumthin years. does that count???

I love that story.

I knew a couple growing(relatives) up where the man was a philanderer the whole while; everyone in community knew it. He eventually left [town] and  came back about 30 years later after he got sick. They had never divorced ; and his wife took him in to take care of him (he was dying). My mom was all "oh that's so kind of her to take him in when he's down and take care of him." I told her "how do you know she's taking care of him, maybe she took him in to hasten his death . Maybe she's over there feeding him poison."  LOL

Mom didn't think that was funny.

lol
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:16pm
My parents stayed together, but honestly they shouldn't have. Sometimes you gotta save yourself
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

My parents stayed together, but honestly they shouldn't have. Sometimes you gotta save yourself

I honestly think my parents are some sick people to be staying together to this very day. They promised me they would divorce when I graduated from high school, but they're still together, ruining peoples lives and being ratchet.
bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:43pm
OP you read my mind with this thread. I was just going to post something like this asking how do people cope with parents going through a divorce because its killing me and my siblings.

My parents have been married for 35 years and this year I think this is the year that they will finally call it quits. My dad has cheated on my mom since I was in highschool and I'm in my late twenties. She recently started cheating on him in the past 5 years and just like Mr Vegas, he can't take it now that its been done to him. He stopped paying bills, contributing to the household and I think shes fed up but just can't let go. My parents live in a small town and we know all his business. Hes even rumored to have a child with another woman. I know people think that its weird to be sooo upset about someone else's relationship but when you've seen so much over the course of a decade between two people that you care about, you're just torn and heartbroken.

I could go on and on but I just don't understand how two people who once loved each other can do everything possible to tear each other down and hate each other. My mom is truly trying to make things work because shes been with him since she was 14 and doesn't know anything else. She sees the wrongs shes done as a married woman but he doesn't see it that way. All he does is point the finger about how she cheated and how she loved someone else that wasn't him (even though this happened 5 years ago while he cheated for YEARS with the housekeeper, my grandfather's hospice nurse and even friends of a friend of mine). I want my mom to be happy but their effed up relationship has torn our already fragile family apart. I think we all could use some counseling, her especially.
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:44pm
My brother's best friend's parents got divorced when he was a sophomore in college. His pops was creeping around and his mother packed her bags and moved out.
It shook him to the core. He ended up struggling with school and taking a semester off.  I think that he struggles with intimacy in his relationships. I have known him for 10+ years and cannot recall a serious girlfriend.  He is always complaining about being lonely. 

Edited by purple.chuckz - Nov 24 2012 at 6:45pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:45pm
sorry to hear that bubb
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:10pm
Bubbly mine have been married for 32 smh.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic