Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has anyone's parents gotten divorced later in life
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone's parents gotten divorced later in life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 10:46am
some people stay together for the kids, and when they are gone, why wait?

also, divorcing with kids is so hard...custody battles, child support, surviving with a kid (or even multiple kids) on one salary is really difficult.

every marriage is different, so it's hard to say "why don't they just stick it out" when we don't know what's going on. I man, they may have been married for 30+yrs, but were they good years that would make you think twice about leaving? or were they so horrible that at your last kid's graduation, you're like "fvck that nicca"??? it all depends. 
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:35am
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

question for yall

if you were old, say 60 and u find your husband cheating,
would u stay & suck it up or divorce?

depends. If I was cheating too...idk
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 12:10pm
i have jokingly said you might as well stay together but why stay? i could not imagine spending all of my life coming home to a man i abhor. i jokingly say 'i wish you were dead' but when i genuinely start wishing you were...it's time to go.

my friends parents got divorced our senior year of college.  it was terrible to watch.  it shook her to her core.  and then the man had the audacity to have a gf in the same neighborhood he lived in w/his family. 
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 1:29pm
I actually wanted my parents to get a divorce when I was younger. They put us through a lot as kids, and the police were always at our house . People think its so cute that they've been together for so long, but I sure as hell don't. They stay terrorizing eachother. Smh
DaSweetestChocolate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaSweetestChocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 1:37pm
When I first left my parents house at 19 my mom would kinda hint around and say they're thinking about a divorce and would I mind. I told her no but I really wanted to say hell yeah I mind! That was 3 or 4 years ago but I think divorce is out the question. Since I was a child they would have their arguments but things would eventually be ok. If they did get a divorce I would definitely take it hard and I'm 23. Its always been us three. I'm the only child and wouldn't know how to handle something like that especially around the holidays. My mom was always the one who seemed so unhappy and I want her to be happy but I want it to be with my dad. Sad to say but I think she was cheating with a younger dude and when I found out I went off but that's another story. I been with my boyfriend four 4 years and he wants a child but we have our problems from time to time and I wanna make sure I can raise my child in a two parent household. How do yall feel about raising kids without their dad? Im terrified of that.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

question for yall

if you were old, say 60 and u find your husband cheating,
would u stay & suck it up or divorce?

my friends grandparents got a divorce
she found out he been creepin and i was thinking that must be hard, being alone at that age
but i wouldnt stick around either

idk, thats so hard
divorce. thats it thats all. lmao LOLLOLLOLat creepin grandpasCry
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 2:16pm
I find it weird for children to be so attached to their parent's relationship.
I don't really care what them nigguhs do.
Star007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Star007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

my parents were never married.. so, yeah, i'm a bastard..

+1 lol

ETA: My maternal grandparents were married 20+ years and my grandma filed for divorce because my gramps cheated.  She never remarried but she's a happy soul :)  However, my mom feels that if they would have divorced earlier it wouldn't have affected her as bad as it did when she was older (she was in High School at the time)..she's the 2nd of 4 children

Edited by Star007 - Nov 24 2012 at 2:48pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

My parents officially divorced like 3-4 yrs ago (mind you I just turned 30) however they've been "separated" since I was in single digit years.

They stayed legally married bc neither one really seemed terribly motivated to seal the deal and my dad wasn't one to contest visitations, etc. Ehhh, by the time my parents finally divorced...no one even cared, they'd been apart for so long anyway.

no offense, but were they dating other people during that time?LOL
(we here don't believe in dating until the divorce is completely finalized. LOL)
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

mine divorced when i was really young. my grandparents remarried in their 60's after 40 sumthin years. does that count???

I love that story.

I knew a couple growing(relatives) up where the man was a philanderer the whole while; everyone in community knew it. He eventually left [town] and  came back about 30 years later after he got sick. They had never divorced ; and his wife took him in to take care of him (he was dying). My mom was all "oh that's so kind of her to take him in when he's down and take care of him." I told her "how do you know she's taking care of him, maybe she took him in to hasten his death . Maybe she's over there feeding him poison."  LOL

Mom didn't think that was funny.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Nov 24 2012 at 3:52pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair