Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has anyones parents gotten divorced later in life
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Has anyones parents gotten divorced later in life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 5:56am
after my moms first divorce, she never got married again..
so ima bastard smh
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:35am
yes, my parents are divorcing now (49 & 53) and im almost 20. imo, it would have been easier if i were younger i think. this is very painful for me to watch but i understand why its happening, but its very ugly and my home is very turbulent. if anyone is thinking about staying for the kids, dont. it really doesnt help us out at all. 
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:45am
my father and my step mother got seperated (dad left that house with my little sister) 3 months before my little sisters graduation, my dad was on match.com and had a new girlfriend a week after he moved out. they "unofficially" called it quits years ago, but was still fcuking every once in a while. 

Edited by bunzaveli - Nov 24 2012 at 6:47am
solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 7:48am
My friend was 28 when his parents divorced. They were literally divorced for 9 months and got remarried.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:09am
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

It doesn't make sense to me to look at all you have together and all you've made together and just throw it away. But I guess it takes both parties to care.

A lot of women consider time an investment too big to walk away from.
I disagree because it's that sunk cost bias.

Edited by nitabug - Nov 24 2012 at 8:12am
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:24am
question for yall

if you were old, say 60 and u find your husband cheating,
would u stay & suck it up or divorce?

my friends grandparents got a divorce
she found out he been creepin and i was thinking that must be hard, being alone at that age
but i wouldnt stick around either

idk, thats so hard
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:25am
TBH, my parents should have been divorced a long time ago.
At the time of my mother's death, they had been married 40 years. I sensed my mom's unhappiness but she said she stayed for me. My sister and I had a big age gap so my sister was grown and off to college long before I finished elementary school. My parents had been separated for the past 5 years I think even though my dad would still come around. It was when I was older when I found out the cause of my mother's unhappiness. She never talked bad upon my dad.

Even though my dad spoiled us rotten, I still resent him for how he treated my mother. She didn't deserve that and he doesn't deserve to be the survivng spouse right now.

Lesson is, kids sense things and staying for them and ignoring your own happiness does not always work.

Edited by Miss SDY - Nov 24 2012 at 8:26am
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 9:48am
my parents were never married.. so, yeah, i'm a bastard..
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 10:11am
My sister and her ex-husband divorced after their daughters graduated from college and moved out of the house. She was 51 and he was 57, and their kids were all in their 20s.

They're great friends now. They are together all the time. She was at my house last night and he was, too. For whatever reason, they're happier together now than they ever were when they were married. Actually, he asked me a few weeks ago what I thought about them getting re-married Disapprove

But I can understand why people do it. It makes more sense to divorce after the children are own their own then when they are most vulnerable.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 10:25am
mine divorced when i was really young. my grandparents remarried in their 60's after 40 sumthin years. does that count???
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic