Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHas anyone tried Wild Growth Hair OIl?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
UnyqueNic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone tried Wild Growth Hair OIl?
    Posted: Mar 22 2012 at 2:28pm
My edges are a tad bit thinner than the rest of my hair and I was wondering if anyone was tried the wild growth hair oil? What were your results, did it work for you or not?

And also do you know of any other product that would work? I already know of castor oil.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

ydlwhite View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2012 at 10:40am
Some people have obtained great results, I personally tried it out for a couple of months and didn't get spectacular results. My edges started thinning from sew-ins a few years back, so I stopped wearing them and went for other protective styles instead.

I think your first step is to pinpoint what exactly is the source of your thinning edges prior to starting a growth aid. Because, if you don't correct step 1, step 2 won't do you any justice.

I found that once I just started babying my edges and using simple products (i.e. water, castor oil) my edges started responding and growing in thicker. The moisturize/seal techinque works great for retaining hair/reducing breakage. HTH!!
honniecake View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2012 at 11:08am
IA with ydl. find out what the culprit is, if not, you can hinder your chances of growth.

products that i used that have worked-
Baby dont be bald - this is a grease and i took the plunge and i swear by it. had bald spots before using it and it grew them out.
sulphur 8 - my grandma still uses it and has all of her hair (grease)

i know that massaging your trouble spots with an oil or while cowashing helps greatly. drinking water helps too.

HTH.

redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2012 at 12:18pm

I TRIED THIS AWHILE AGO (NOT REALLY CONSISTANT WITH IT) & I DIDNT SEE RESULTS BUT MY AUNT USED IT EVERY DAY & GREW HER HAIR BACK THICKER AND COVERED BALDSPOTS MY MOTHER HAS ALSO SEEN GROWTH FROM IT. I FOUND THAT DOO GRO TRIPLE STRENGTH GROWTH LOTION(PINK LABEL) REALLY WORKED FOR ME (SOFTENED MY HAIR & IT GREW LONGER)

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2012 at 1:02pm
It is just an oil, imo. It does not make the hair grow wild or fast, lol. Get you some castor oil/ peppermint oil mix it together and massage into your entire scalp. Scalp massages twice a day will produce amazing results. It is about blood circulation and a good diet. People will not take time to massage their scalps for just 10 minutes. You can do this while watching TV. Its easy! Cheap! and it Works!
leebee123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2012 at 2:31pm
I am using Wild Growth Hair Oil now, it is good for keeping my dry hair moist and it is maintaining the hair that I already have, it is not producing any new growth though that I can see on the top of my head (where I need it to grow) and I have not taken out my cornrows yet to see what new growth I have on the sides and the back of my head.  But I have noticed that I don't itch my scalp as much with this oil so I am going to finish the second bottle and then order some gro aut oil.  I only used a small bottle of the gro aut oil and I ran out of it before I could reorder more but I am going to order some next week.
Cute110027 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2012 at 3:47pm
ive tried it and didnt really see any results, and on top of that the smell is a bit potent. 
leebee123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2012 at 3:49pm
Veemack, is the MTG oil better or the Jamaican Black Castor oil better for hair growth?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2012 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by leebee123 leebee123 wrote:

Veemack, is the MTG oil better or the Jamaican Black Castor oil better for hair growth?

If you are experiencing slow growth or itching and you think you may have a fungus, then the MTG will work miracle for you. You should see results in 3 weeks of usage. I add tea tree oil to mines.

JBCO: I have used regular Castor oil for over 20years. I only purchased my first bottle of JBCO 3 months ago. Honestly examining the product, I do not think it is any different than regular castor oil. I felt dupped! Now maybe it was different at first, but when it became so popular now it is just regular castor oil. This is just my theory. There was no difference in smell or consistency b/n the regular Castor oil and the JBCO.

To answer your question, I did not use it for growth, so I really don't know. But I am sure just like me you have read all the ladies rave about it. Castor oil will coat your hair strands and make your hair appear thicker. And it is a really good oil for softness.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2012 at 6:03pm
I tried it off and on years ago.  It made my hair soft but scalp so sore that I couldn't touch it for a week.  Maybe try the one in the yellow bottle?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic