Topic ClosedHas anyone tried Accutane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
SweetMoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2009 at 1:57pm

I HAVE BEEN ON ACCUTANE AS WELL...I HAD BAD ACNE IN HIGH SCHOOL...I WAS ON ACCUTANCE I BELIEVE IT WAS FOR 3 MONTHS AND WAS BEING CLOSELY MONITORED BY MY DERMATOLOGIST....I HAD TO BE ON BIRTH CONTROL IN ORDER TO START IT...THEY DO INFORM YOU OF THE DANGERS OF GETTING PREGNANT WHILE ACCUTANE IS IN YOUR SYSTEM....IT DID HELP TREMENDOUSLY WITH MY ACNE BUT I DO STILL HAVE OILY SKIN AND THE OCCASIONAL PIMPLE WHEN ITS THAT TIME OF THE MONTH....MY FRIEND WAS ON IT AS WELL AND IT ACTUALLY DIDN'T HELP HER FOR LONG....HER ACNE CAME BACK WIOTH A VENGENCE....SHES THINKING ABOUT DOING ANOTHER ROUND OF ACCUTANE.....

Sponsored Links

modelinggirly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2009 at 1:34pm
My derma said he can't prescribe Accutane anymore, unless you have servere acne because of the horrible side affects. (Birth defects, sensitive skin..etc.)

Right now I use Benza Clin, Retin-A Micro topical cream and another oral medication that my dermatologist gave me.  They seem to dry out my skin, but they make my acne worse.
Blossoming View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 9:59pm
Mine said it has been taken off the market. As of June 26, 2009. It was recalled due to a huge lawsuit.But he said that there are a lot of cheaper medications with similiar active ingredients. And then said my acne's not bad enough, so I don't need it. Wow.Confused
FitnessNow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 7:49pm
I was on Accutane about six (seven?) years ago. It cleared up my skin, but it turned my dark brown skin B-L-A-C-K. My lips were super, super, super dry. Those were the only side effects I had. Once I finished the medication, my skin returned to normal (phew!). Tongue

Unfortunately, the acne came back!

Edited by FitnessNow - Aug 04 2009 at 7:49pm
miss_pooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2009 at 6:56pm
Hi Guys!

I just came from my derm appointment and I will be starting accutane. I now must start my birth control for one month before I actually get the perscription. Is anyone else out there starting on accutane soon or who has recently started? Maybe we could be accutane buddies cus i def could use the support.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic