Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone successfully cut their units?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lovelove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone successfully cut their units?
    Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 10:58pm
I just recently ordered my second lace front wig in hopes that it would be the texture that I wanted.Thankfully, it is & is very beautiful,but there is only 1 problem.I ordered a 22" & the back of it almost reaches my butt! (I'm 5'8 & a half by the way!)This company was VERY generous with their length.It's such a beautiful texture...& I don't want to ruin it by giving it that "chopped & screwed," look.Any tips?

Edited by lovelove - Mar 02 2013 at 10:59pm
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:39am
I am 5'8" too but I don't go longer than 14 1/2 inches... more or less. I can order a 16 inch unit .. but after I doctor on it .. it becomes shorter for sure. The CVs are quite generous in their lengths.

IMO a shorter length is more realistic. When people talk about  or stare at person A or B .. they can tell it's a wig or weave... but I am standing right there next to them and they can't tell what's on my head. I don't say anything .. at all -  I hate gossip anyway. :(

I use www.creaclips.com  to cut my units!

Works like a charm but read carefully or watch the videos carefully and GO SLOW. Don't rush it .. until you get the process down. :)
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 9:01pm
I think the term is "point cut" which is where you take the tip of the scissors and cut up at the hair so it doesn't look choppy which takes a while or you can use a razor comb. BUT the best solution would be to take it to a beautician that way you don't take the risk of messing it up.
Brandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 12:50pm
If you want to cut the back I would suggest going to a salon that does good hair cuts. Preferably someone that has experience cutting hair extensions. You can usually find decent reviews on google or yelp. I get almost all my wigs layered. Wigs should be styled to get that amazing look. When the hair is all long, and the same length it is boring. Don't be afraid to add face framing layers, body to the hair by layering throughout which will give the hair more bounce and movement. 
puggielove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2013 at 8:18am
I'm 5'10" and always order 16", but by the time I'm done layering it, I'm at about 14".
I saw a YT video by The Lady of Lace, and she had said she had her hair cut at Walmart! I guess the hair salon there does a cheap cut no wash and dry, they just spray it down. I think maybe most of the hair chains do it.
Harmlesspanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmlesspanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2013 at 4:46pm
It's actually not that hard to cut a wig, if you need to YouTube instructions. They'll walk you step by step thought the process.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply