BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone seen a

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
babybrownz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybrownz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

oh and also therapy can take a long time to "work" a lot of time were messed up inside cause we didn't heal old wounds properly and sometimes you gotta open closed doors... think about things that hurt... things may get a lot worse before they can get better...

My thoughts exactly, I don't have the energy for things to get worse..
I pray and hope that things will just get better in time..
Sponsored Links

Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:42pm

i woukd suggest seeing a psych for meds only... have a therapist separate from that. Confirm with your insurance how many covered sessions you have per year and depending on that schedule appointments with a couple different Ts to find a good fit. a lot if people say therapy didn't work for them and part if that could be because they didn't have the right doctor for them.
therapy isn't like how it is on TV...  ummm also look into group therapy too.

ITA!!
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by babybrownz babybrownz wrote:

Beebeexx,
You know, now that i think about it. I attended a suicide survivior grieve meeting last year while visiting my sister in Orlando with her and it was theraputic! 
I just dread the process of finding one that can help me. Sometimes i wish i had that ONE friend i could just vent to..

I know this is random, but if you need to vent, I'll listen and pray with youHug

Seriously..
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

i woukd suggest seeing a psych for meds only... have a therapist separate from that. Confirm with your insurance how many covered sessions you have per year and depending on that schedule appointments with a couple different Ts to find a good fit. a lot if people say therapy didn't work for them and part if that could be because they didn't have the right doctor for them.
therapy isn't like how it is on TV...  ummm also look into group therapy too.

ITA!!
ITA. This is extremely important, as most psychiatrists are just medication dispensers. They don't really do talk therapy and most people don't know this the first time around. It's the psychologist that you end up talking to. Unfortunately, finding the right one for you can be a long, difficult and expensive process. It takes a few tries. I'm in the process of searching for a new one myself because my therapy is not working and i'm not making progress.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jan 08 2013 at 12:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybrownz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Beebeexx,
You know, now that i think about it. I attended a suicide survivior grieve meeting last year while visiting my sister in Orlando with her and it was theraputic! 
I just dread the process of finding one that can help me. Sometimes i wish i had that ONE friend i could just vent to..

I know this is random, but if you need to vent, I'll listen and pray with youHug

Seriously..
Honestly, its not random and would love that! I dont have many friends, since my moms suicide, i went through alot mentally that alot of ppl couldnt understand and so i was called a delustional bit$% etc. and a handful of the ppl that i thought were my friends didnt want to be around me anymore.

BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:53pm
I've had a therapist for years and she was hard to find. I like that she's a Black, Christian woman who specializes in issues pertaining to women.

It is difficult finding the right psych or therapist because they all have different approaches, and if you're unfamiliar with the psychology field then it will require you to research what you do and do not want. Do not be afraid to contact them and ask them about their approaches. Do you want someone who will give you any sort of advice, or do you want someone who will mainly let you speak your feelings and allow you to think out solutions on your own?

What exactly is it that you didn't like about your last psychologist?

I'm a non-clinical psychologist so I'm no stranger to the field. It's important to think about what you hope to gain from therapy and then, hopefully, you can narrow it down based on those criteria.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:55pm
Have you ever read Motherless Daughters by Hope Edelman? My therapist recommended it. I tried to read it years ago but couldn't get past the first chapter without crying. I have her follow up book Motherless Mother's and it has been a help for me. All the women in the book lost their mother for different reasons. Not just physical illnesses.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Beebeexx,

Seriously..
Honestly, its not random and would love that! I dont have many friends, since my moms suicide, i went through alot mentally that alot of ppl couldnt understand and so i was called a delustional bit$% etc. and a handful of the ppl that i thought were my friends didnt want to be around me anymore.

Hug

Support groups are great for things like this. I know that you said that you went to one in Orlando, and it would be good if you could find one in your area. Group leaders are often therapists who specialize in the specific need of the support group, so you could meet outside of the group setting if need be. Also, a group-mate could refer you to a counselor for your specific needs.

And it's always good to know that there are people facing the same issues who understand you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybrownz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I've had a therapist for years and she was hard to find. I like that she's a Black, Christian woman who specializes in issues pertaining to women.

It is difficult finding the right psych or therapist because they all have different approaches, and if you're unfamiliar with the psychology field then it will require you to research what you do and do not want. Do not be afraid to contact them and ask them about their approaches. Do you want someone who will give you any sort of advice, or do you want someone who will mainly let you speak your feelings and allow you to think out solutions on your own?

I'm a non-clinical psychologist so I'm no stranger to the field. It's important to think about what you hope to gain from therapy and then, hopefully, you can narrow it down based on those criteria.
I want psych that i can talk to about my feelings and give me advice. The ones that i went to just sat there like wall paper. At some points I thought they fell asleep with their eyes opened.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybrownz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I would like to find someone that i can speak about my feelings and recieve advice. The ones that i went to were like wallpaper. At one point i thought they were sleeping with their eyes opened
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic