BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Has anyone seen a

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
babybrownz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybrownz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Have you ever read Motherless Daughters by Hope Edelman? My therapist recommended it. I tried to read it years ago but couldn't get past the first chapter without crying. I have her follow up book Motherless Mother's and it has been a help for me. All the women in the book lost their mother for different reasons. Not just physical illnesses.
Dont think i could even attempt to read it..I cry enough as is..
Sponsored Links

babybrownz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybrownz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Originally posted by babybrownz babybrownz wrote:

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Originally posted by babybrownz babybrownz wrote:

Beebeexx,
You know, now that i think about it. I attended a suicide survivior grieve meeting last year while visiting my sister in Orlando with her and it was theraputic! 
I just dread the process of finding one that can help me. Sometimes i wish i had that ONE friend i could just vent to..

I know this is random, but if you need to vent, I'll listen and pray with youHug

Seriously..
Honestly, its not random and would love that! I dont have many friends, since my moms suicide, i went through alot mentally that alot of ppl couldnt understand and so i was called a delustional bit$% etc. and a handful of the ppl that i thought were my friends didnt want to be around me anymore.

Hug

Support groups are great for things like this. I know that you said that you went to one in Orlando, and it would be good if you could find one in your area. Group leaders are often therapists who specialize in the specific need of the support group, so you could meet outside of the group setting if need be. Also, a group-mate could refer you to a counselor for your specific needs.

And it's always good to know that there are people facing the same issues who understand you.
My mom's suicide isnt the only problem im dealing with. Its a combination of alot of things. My depressed, alcoholic and suicidal dad, My work situation, school, sister, etc..
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 1:39pm
im really sorry for what you're going through I've been to a therapist for a few years,and I've done outpatient therapy at a hospital. when i was in outpatient therapy, i would see a psychiatrist at the end of the week. she was really nice, but i didnt feel it was necessary to see her because I didn't want to be on meds.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 1:59pm
I've seen a number of different therapists. As mentioned, the most challenging part is finding someone you a) like, b) feel comfortable around, and c) specializes in what you're going through.

Once you find a therapist you like and feel is helpful, if you wanted medication, you could ask to be referred to a psychiatrist. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest searching for one.

Try doing a Google search of psychologists in your city. Psychology Today, the first website that pops up, gives you a profile of the psychologist, their area of expertise, and the cost of each session. I've found a few therapists that way.

Good luck! Hug

Edited by dOLLish. - Jan 08 2013 at 2:10pm
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:25pm
Yes I spoke to 2 when I was going through ppd. It seemed to make things worse bc I had to keep sharing the thoughts that I was trying to keep from having.

So I stopped going, took Prozac for a year and I'm good now. I am scared to get pregnant again because I know the thoughts will come back.
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:31pm
you can talk to me. I'm free & not a wall!

Are you religious? Prayer heals all wounds. & keep looking for help because it seems like you really need someone to speak to so don't give up
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:45pm
I have had both since the age of 5 (due to being diagnosed with ADHD). I saw the same psychiatrist and psychologist consistently until around 2007, my psychiatrist (moved to heaven) and my psychologist went through a nasty divorce and went crazy her damn self. But theres nothing wrong with being seen. Talk to someone and let it all go- from there you will begin to heal.
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

I've seen a number of different therapists. As mentioned, the most challenging part is finding someone you a) like, b) feel comfortable around, and c) specializes in what you're going through.

Once you find a therapist you like and feel is helpful, if you wanted medication, you could ask to be referred to a psychiatrist. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest searching for one.

Try doing a Google search of psychologists in your city. Psychology Today, the first website that pops up, gives you a profile of the psychologist, their area of expertise, and the cost of each session. I've found a few therapists that way.

Good luck! Hug

ITA!
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:53pm
Babybrownz, I will be contacting you later tonight.  I now recall that we spoke privately, when your Mom died and several times after.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:58pm
I'm sorry for your loss.

I saw a couple of therapists for various reasons, but could never quite find one that I felt truly comfortable with. Maybe go online and look for reviews? IA about checking with your insurance before you start your search.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>