Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has anyone only sewn in half of their head before?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone only sewn in half of their head before?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone only sewn in half of their head before?
    Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 12:00pm
I bought one bundle of afro kinky hair, that I was going to use to make clip ins. But the only clip ins I can find that will arrive when I need them are on sallys. Everwhere else's estimated arrive date is like 3 weeks from now. Sallys are so expensive though, so I was thinking of just sewing them into the back and braiding the front. Two big braids that go around my head and off my head and pinned down to cover the last weft. I was going to do this w/ clip ins as well, but I knew if it didn't look right, they were clip ins, and I could always try something different with them.
Sponsored Links

nc cutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 12:20pm
Yes, I used to do this all the time. I jut wanted length so I would get some yaki close to my permed texture and make sure my stylist would blend it. I worked well! Of course, that was when people wanted to keep their weaves a secret! Lol! Now its long hair,dont care! Shaved one day--waist length the next...lol!

Edited by nc cutie - Oct 04 2013 at 12:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by nc cutie nc cutie wrote:

Yes, I used to do this all the time. I jut wanted length so I would get some yaki close to my permed texture and make sure my stylist would blend it. I worked well! Of course, that was when people wanted to keep their weaves a secret! Lol! Now its long hair,dont care! Shaved one day--waist length the next...lol!

Okay, thank you!! I've just been looking eveywhere to see if other people have done it because I don't want to look stupid. But all I see are partial sew ins w/ like leave out in the front or hair left out between tracks. Thanks so much, now I think I'm going to do this.
MrsBishop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrsBishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 1:20pm
Have you tried your local beauty supply store besides Sally? I've cheaper clips there.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 1:52pm
I did this before with striaght hair which blended with my relaxed hair. Started sewing from my ears to my nape of my neck
mzjuicy553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 2:27pm
I used to do this all the time before I went natural...
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 2:40pm
yes, I honestly think this method looks the best if the texture blends....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by MrsBishop MrsBishop wrote:

Have you tried your local beauty supply store besides Sally? I've cheaper clips there.

Yeah, they're definitely a lot cheaper.
But I'm at school and I don't have a car. My school is in a predominantly white suburban area. And I didn't feel like taking the train and a bus to get to a more urban area, it's just annoying. I didn't want to wait til thanksgiving vacation to go home and get the stuff, because I wanted to wear the hair to this event on campus.

Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

yes, I honestly think this method looks the best if the texture blends....
The hair is very kinky and I'm natural so hopefully it does!! I think it will though. I will probably post pictures. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style