Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Has anyone had an install from Sew Natural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
hairgodess12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgodess12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2012 at 11:16pm
I'm guessing it should be SewNatural1
Sponsored Links

yayatheprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 3:48pm
i'm following her also and i've been thinking about getting my hair done from her whenever i'm back in north carolina/can actually book an appointment. i do agree, i don't think she is a 'styling' stylist, more of a 'natural looking' styling but those ponytails have tears coming out of my eyes.Cry but really, i want to try her out whenever i get the chance but a) she's always booked and b) i'm not sure of the braiding pattern because i won't be able to go back to her to remove it.
foxynole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxynole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 4:00pm
I have not personally had my hair done by her, but i have seen numerous installs of hers on different social media outlets, all her installs look FLAWLESS, and her clients always look happy
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2012 at 6:53pm
I'm in NC and was considering booking an appointment with her at one point. I should have did it then before she became so popular! Just looked at her website and she's booked until Summer 2013. Sheesh.
donaey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donaey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:06pm
Can i have ming lee contact info?
morgank98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morgank98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 9:38pm
She's def worth it! She was very gentle with my very thick natural 4ab hair. There was no pulling, tugging, or blow dryer to stretch my hair out which I loved. @OP you should be fine taking out the cornrows, it looks more difficult than it actually is.
beana3 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beana3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 9:44pm
thanks ladies! I'm going to give her a try
Durhamgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Durhamgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2015 at 11:45am
I have had 2 bad experiences with Dionna of Sewnatural. The first time was in June when I scheduled an appointment for a sew in with color. First she forgot about my appointment and spent 2 days trying to color my extensions only to leave them looking like barbie doll hair and I don't mean that in a good way. The hair was matted and tangled from being over processed. I spent hours with this stylist trying to get it right only to have her try and charge me for her mistake. She informed me that I would have to pay to have her replace the hair and to reinstall it. She said that she couldn't work for free!!! I've had sew-ins for the past 8-9 years and I can honestly say this is the worst experience that I have had. I gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking that we all have off days so I scheduled another appointment with her about 2 weeks ago. I asked her when she would take my hair down and she said the day before the install. I contacted her 2 days before my scheduled appointment to see what time we could do the take down and she said that she overbooked her appointments and that she wouldn't be able to take down my hair and that a shampoo girl could do it. I expressed my concerns because the shampoo girl is rough and my hair tangles very easily. I did not make my appointment with the shampoo girl so why am I being pawned off on someone else?
So let's jump to my personal opinion. She's a very talented young lady but is very misguided when it comes to business. She cares only about $$$. Why else would you overbook yourself? $500 isn't a cheap price to pay for a sew in and we're not talking about the extras. You would expect a little more professionalism when paying top dollar for hair care services. I told her thanks for screwing me over on a week before Christmas and her response was that since I felt that she screwed me over then we didn't need to have anymore dealings. That was quite alright with me because I have no use for unprofessionals such as herself.
My advice is to proceed with caution if you choose this stylist. She is very misguided. Remember that people on Instagram and Youtube can pick and choose what to show you and leave out the bad things
newnatural84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newnatural84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2015 at 9:30am
wow. that sounds like a bad experience esp since she is known for being great and all. I typically proceed with caution when people are all hyped up.. I follow her on instagram and she has done some great work but guess what...its not how talented you are that matters but how you treat people.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic