Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has Anyone Ever Used Colora Henna Powder?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
_nappy_x_roots_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _nappy_x_roots_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has Anyone Ever Used Colora Henna Powder?
    Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 12:51am
I saw this at the beauty supply today and got this exact box. The ingredients are henna. And then it says may also contain: indigo, centaurea, rhubarb, beetroot..

I did some research on the ingredients that I didn't know about...
The indigo I already figured was for the black color.
The centaurea I found is used in hair products for highlights, grey hair, and shine.
The rhubarb is used for lightening hair color.
The beetroot is used for adding natural looking red and brown tones.

After doing my research I realized that all of the ingredients are based on which color you are getting...  DUH @myself. I was a little scared to use it before doing the research and less scared now, but I would like to know if anyone has ever used this henna mixture and what kind of results they've had.

Looking forward to hearing something good Smile

Sponsored Links

AllMixedUp88 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMixedUp88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 12:55am
henna is NOT black it's only RED
black is indigo

I don't trust it b/c it's already lying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _nappy_x_roots_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 12:59am
It says indigo as one of the ingredients
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMixedUp88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 1:03am
Indigo should be the only one if it is black.
Indigo is a diff plant and has a diff way to prepare.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _nappy_x_roots_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 1:12am
Wow I didn't even know that. Thanks for the help. Do you use henna and indigo? If so where do you purchase it from?
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 1:13am
Originally posted by AllMixedUp88 AllMixedUp88 wrote:

henna is NOT black it's only RED
black is indigo

I don't trust it b/c it's already lying

This. Indigo is a powder that you have to buy separately...it doesn't come combined with henna. Henna is just red and the shade of red depends on your starting hair color when you begin hennaing your hair and your body's natural chemistry. True 100% natural henna shouldn't come in a box specifying a color FYI. And true henna only has one ingredient - henna (Lawson). So I would take that back if you can and get your money back!

Check out www.hennaforhair.com - it has a lot of info about hennaing your hair with 100% pure henna as well as using cassia and indigo. And from what I've heard Indigo-ing your hair is a two step process. First you henna then you indigo. 
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMixedUp88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 1:15am
Originally posted by _nappy_x_roots_ _nappy_x_roots_ wrote:

Wow I didn't even know that. Thanks for the help. Do you use henna and indigo? If so where do you purchase it from?
I use both. I buy mine from a Persian Market.
I have some pics on my blog
I need to update bc I used henna like 3 days ago

Edited by AllMixedUp88 - Aug 23 2011 at 1:16am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _nappy_x_roots_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 1:16am
Thank you so much for the help, I will definitely be going to get my money back tomorrow. And I also will be checking out http://www.hennaforhair.com .. 
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMixedUp88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 1:16am
I recently used henna/indigo on my gmas hair 
& I relax her hair as well 

No breakage, nothing fell out nada it was fine & the color took very nicely. 

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 1:18am
Originally posted by _nappy_x_roots_ _nappy_x_roots_ wrote:

You can buy pure henna online at mehendi.com (I think but it's referenced on the hennaforhair.com website). I buy my henna from the local Indian grocery store in Manhattan (I live in NYC so there's a huge Indian population and I'm sure that the henna is fresh and pure henna) for cheap - between $4-6 per box. But whether you buy it from online or from a local grocer - make sure it's not referencing a color and make sure that the ingredients say 100% Lawson (henna). 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic