Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Has anyone ever sent their laptop for repair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone ever sent their laptop for repair?
    Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:00pm
i would like to know your experience, also your turn around time and how to deal with this poor customer service from ASUS Cry

i was told it would take 5-7 business days to have it repaired and shipped, so i made an RMA and they sent me an email with the address of the service center to ship it to (it was in my state)

they received it on the 19th. so ok im thinking they got it, they should start repairs soon.
few days pass and i check online and it says they are still waiting for it... Confused

i used their live support chat and was told it was shipped there and all but not checked into the system yet. AND that someone made a mistake & given me the wrong shipping address. MY LUCK. so now they need to notify it needs to be rerouted to another service center. they said i should receive an update in a few days. days passed and nothing, so i called

i was told the same thing, and wait for an email & call the next day. NOTHING. everytime i called for an  update as to why it still hasn't been checked in the service center, they couldnt help me but say they escalated the case and i should receive an email in 24-48 hrs.

its been 9 "business" days since it was delivered there and no sign of it being checked in.
WHAT THE F*CK?

im going to call again tomorrow cause i still havent received an update and i probably wont.
im just going to keep calling because i feel if i dont, they'll forget about it.

idk am i overreacting? is it the holidays? i cant even say its the holidays fault for not even being checked into their repair system...
i cant find a number for the center, and im receiving no real help.

i need my laptop back for school. i have no idea to think they'd actually have it back in 5-7 fkn days. AngryAngry

Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 11:58pm
my dad sent in his laptop to be repaired and they "lost" the unit...how tf that happens idk...
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 11:58pm
he got his hard drive mailed to him though
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 12:07am
mines had to be repaired.. 
they basically had to replace everything.. some potsticker sauce got allll in it. 
it took a while and it was expensive 
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 12:31am
OMG! girl YASSS! Asus is on some bullsh*t. I have a brand new asus laptop that i bought on 11/30/13. it a vivobook with a touchscreen. first of all, that damn asus website is a flaming hot mess! That ish wont load on my asus laptop. I tried to register my product but the site was acting ratchet. I tried for days. I finally tried it on my ipod touch and did it in about 5 minutes. so then last week suddenly my laptop screen was glitching like crazy. It would go black and not come back on, and get grey spots on the touchscreen like i touched it but i didnt. So i went to that janky azz website for the live chat. It literally took 10 minutes every time the person would respond to me. Thats too damn long. It was over 50 minutes and i only got like 4 responses in. i just logged out because i had places to go. then friday it was still acting up so i was like alright I'll call the 24/7 phone number. Blah blah blah, lady gives me a rma number and tells me to ship it in. First i was annoyed that i would even have to pay the shipping and i knew this process was going to take over 2 weeks. also i was reading their warrant policy and it said something about even a pen mark on the laptop is considered physical damage and would void the warranty. So since i have a laptop skin on, i would have to remove it, take alcohol to remove the glue reside that would most likely screw up the back anyways and void the warranty.And I didnt want to not have my laptop for when school starts next week. But lo and behold from the from the very moment i call the phone number my laptop screen has yet to glitch. I mean it was glitching daily at random times. But that was on friday, it's now thursday a whole week later and this laptop has not glitched not even once.

fishy azz company if you ask me. Either that or they are super disorganized. and they need to fix that website asap, it worthless. Almost as useless as the Acer website.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 2:07am
I've sent mine in twice to Geek Squad.
Took like 10 days.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 2:41am
Didn't you get the thing in October? 
BaileyAlexandria View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BaileyAlexandria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 3:00am
I have a Mac so I don't not neva need repairs
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 3:00am
Originally posted by BaileyAlexandria BaileyAlexandria wrote:

I have a Mac so I don't not neva need repairs

Wurd.LOL
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 6:04am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Didn't you get the thing in October? 

yes. how do you know? lol

but yeah i have a year warranty
and there was a screen problem.

you think if i asked them to send it back, would they do something to it?
i really need it back asap & clearly this will take forever. maybe i can send it back to repair in may
or.. fix it somewhere else.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic