Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHas anyone ever pledged grad chapter?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MissIt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2008 at 8:10pm

My sister just crossed an Alum line, and she had a lady on there in her early 60's...

Sponsored Links

mstoini View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2008 at 8:46pm
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2008 at 10:55pm
I'm definitely keeping my options open as far as other sororities and the membership intake process. I know it depends on the grad chapter but I don't want to wait too long because I don't know where I will be after I get my master's in 2-3 years. I heard some grad chapters wait up to five years for the next grad membership intake process.
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2008 at 11:12pm
Tiva,my girlfriend crossed 3 years ago at a university in NC (undergrad) and she was 32 at the time.....
yellow08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2008 at 9:10am
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

I'm definitely keeping my options open as far as other sororities and the membership intake process. I know it depends on the grad chapter but I don't want to wait too long because I don't know where I will be after I get my master's in 2-3 years. I heard some grad chapters wait up to five years for the next grad membership intake process.

I could have the wrong impression from this post but it seems like you will go for whatever sorority has intake first...You don't have to answer me but why do you want to be in a sorority? I know people who have waited years, I mean years before the sorority they were interest in had intake! They were committed to that sorority no matter what! If that was the case I could have been a Delta (TongueWinkBig%20smile) because they had intake a semester before my sorority did. But I knew what I wanted to do and I waited for that!

You are saying that you don't want to wait too long because you don't know where you are going to end up after you get your masters. Well every organization has chapters or members just about  every state, city and town! Plus you have to be invited to be a member, and cultivating that type of relationship with a member can take years!!! I know I would not put my name on just any ol' body...

I advise you to really think about which organization you want to be apart of and why! I was only open to each sorority when I was doing my research but after that I only focused on the sorority that I am member of today!

My .08 cents...

Edited by yellow08 - Apr 15 2008 at 9:14am
Ms.Allyse View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2008 at 9:23am
Originally posted by yellow08 yellow08 wrote:

I could have the wrong impression from this post but it seems like you will go for whatever sorority has intake first...You don't have to answer me but why do you want to be in a sorority? I know people who have waited years, I mean years before the sorority they were interest in had intake! They were committed to that sorority no matter what! If that was the case I could have been a Delta (TongueWinkBig%20smile) because they had intake a semester before my sorority did. But I knew what I wanted to do and I waited for that!

You are saying that you don't want to wait too long because you don't know where you are going to end up after you get your masters. Well every organization has chapters or members just about  every state, city and town! Plus you have to be invited to be a member, and cultivating that type of relationship with a member can take years!!! I know I would not put my name on just any ol' body...

I advise you to really think about which organization you want to be apart of and why! I was only open to each sorority when I was doing my research but after that I only focused on the sorority that I am member of today!

My .08 cents...

Your .08 cents yellowLOL?? Why not just .02 cents?? Guess you gave six more cents worth of infoLOL
Pandora View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2008 at 9:29am
 I have a "Big Sis" who crossed 2 yrs ago and she is married with two kids and 35 plus yrs old. It can happen if you really want it. If your soul truely desires to do it anything its possible. Shoot my 26 yr old self has no shame about being the oldest or possible  youngest . The Woman of the sorority that i am hoping to join come in all ages , races , sizes and colors  and thats even highly represented on BHM.
Good luck on your journeys everyone.
Pandora View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2008 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Ms.Allyse Ms.Allyse wrote:

Originally posted by yellow08 yellow08 wrote:

My .08 cents...

Your .08 cents yellowLOL?? Why not just .02 cents?? Guess you gave six more cents worth of infoLOL

LOL...i thought i was the only one that noticed that.
.08 cents is a WONDERFUL amount  thou.....Smile
mackmeri122 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2008 at 9:39am
1908 is her sorority's founding year, hence '08.....
Pandora View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2008 at 9:45am
Originally posted by mackmeri122 mackmeri122 wrote:

1908 is her sorority's founding year, hence '08.....

LOL I got that ....thats why .08 is a good WONDERFUL amount of changeSmile.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic