Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 82>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 9:35am
Okay washed good condition and dried my hair. I had a friend Cornrow it and now I'm under a lace wig. I spray with braid spray at night for moisture.
Sponsored Links

CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 6:59pm
Is it too late to join ????? I just chop off my hair to restart all over again Smile. I am in the process of looking for a full head wig and some synthetic hair for Senegalese twist
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:06pm
hi, ladies! happy sunday!  yesterday, i went swimming and then washed my hair after.  dc'ed with sheamoisture anti-breakage dc.  i got the smart idea to do a wash and go with my home made gel.  great news: gel worked very well.  bad news: okay, why did no one remind me of the tangles that come with a wash and go?! i completely forgot.  will not be doing that again for a very, very long time!  am washing my hair tonight...just a water rinse and then adding dc again.  then, going to do my coils with my homemade gel! :-)

@cherry, i can't wait to use that dc - i leave it on overnight and my hair feels amazing when i rinse it out.  will probably do it during the week.  i am learning how to swim.  i took basic lessons years ago, but am not good so i finally decided to get good.  i love being in the water.  it's such a work out. i work out daily, but this swimming thing kicks my butt!

@littlebabybug, your hair is beautiful!  thanks sooo much for the info and tips. i am going to try to coil my hair tonight.  will take pics.  i want to do them biggish b/c i am swimming again this week and will have to take them out to wash.  plus, this is my first time so let me start a little bigger. tee hee. will let you know how it goes.  and yes, love swimming!  i would love to swim daily, but that's way too much washing for the hair!

@crunder, welcome!!  not too late to join. we don't "officially" start going until Jan.1.  just post your info before then and you're in! :-D
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:50pm
Ok thanks Heavy Rotation. I'm joining 

Hair Goal for June, 2013: Healthy hair, and at least 4 inches of growth

Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): About 2/3 inches of hair. Natural

PS of Choice: Wigs/half wigs and Senegalese twist/ Box Braids 

Detailed Regimen while in PS: In Wigs. Wash my hair once a week
Co wash twice a week 
Deep condish once a week 
And add moisture at least 4 times a week 

In Braids, Spray daily with my spritz
Wash a week

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Before it was breakage at the ends but I chop it all off. Dryness and SSKs

Favorite Product: 
Kinky curly leave in
JBCO
Henna
Avocado Oil
Jessi curl deep conditioner
Herbal Essence Honey Im strong condish ( My new favourite)

I should get my alma and olive cream by qhemet biologics pretty soon. Hopefully I would be in favourite list. 

My started soon would be posted soon. 
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:52am
Welcome^^^Smile
Okay, so switched back to wet buns. These will be my only two styles for the next 6 months, Wet buns and wet twist sets...

I'm also gonna start using monistat again, it worked very well last time I used it in 2010. 

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 17 2012 at 2:53am
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:11am
Wow Heavy, sorry to hear about the mishap with the wash'n go. I hate that too, but I found if I run my hair under water and finger detangle it, it's not really that hard to detangle thoroughly afterwards. I just don't do them cause I hate first day hair, but the other days are okay. lol Glad to hear about your homemade gel! Is it flaxseed gel?

@littlebabybug, your hair is GORGEOUS. Love the coils, I may try your finger wrap method cause the comb didn't work for me. My hair would start shrinking up the minute I came down and to make it even more ironic, my coils wouldn't hold...? They would loosen a lot at the roots and the ends with hold and my curls (specially in the back) are fairly tight so I don't know why they unraveled so much. Ehh well, your progress is fantastic!

On the up and up, I'm learning (and loving) roll, tuck, and pin styles! Tried my first one the other day, been wearing it ever since. I need to try more but bobby pins just don't hold my hair like they hold for everyone else. I need HUGE ones. Probably why I never do RTP's, but the one I do know how to do is cool. Hopefully by next week, i'll be able to do these doggone marley twists hair. I have not found *Thee* hair I was looking for but just might go with the Equal brand I saw in my local beauty supply. I just need to do something to this hair, anything ya'll!
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

hi, ladies! happy sunday!  yesterday, i went swimming and then washed my hair after.  dc'ed with sheamoisture anti-breakage dc.  i got the smart idea to do a wash and go with my home made gel.  great news: gel worked very well.  bad news: okay, why did no one remind me of the tangles that come with a wash and go?! i completely forgot.  will not be doing that again for a very, very long time!  am washing my hair tonight...just a water rinse and then adding dc again.  then, going to do my coils with my homemade gel! :-)

@cherry, i can't wait to use that dc - i leave it on overnight and my hair feels amazing when i rinse it out.  will probably do it during the week.  i am learning how to swim.  i took basic lessons years ago, but am not good so i finally decided to get good.  i love being in the water.  it's such a work out. i work out daily, but this swimming thing kicks my butt!

Yes, I too use to get tangles from washs and go.. My remedy was to only detangle on co-wash days.. I never detangle my hair dryOuch... 
You inspire me to join my nearest YMCALOL lol. Swimming can really get you in shape too!

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:47pm
@ Mrs.Kraizey, what is Roll, tuck, pin?.. Sounds interestingSmile
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:39pm

im so eager for 2013.  grooooowth!  retentionnnnnnnn!  WOOHOOO!
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:46pm
@mskraizy, gotta try that next time.  i did it with conditioner and it took 2 hours...but everything was detangled. i really love the sheamoisture anti-breakage dc. it makes my hair feel great!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 82>