Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:28am
Hey ladies, my hair turned out perfectly this morning. I love the new look. I tied the the twist down with a scarf so my ends are pinned safely (lol) on top of my head instead, I moisturized and replaced scarf. SO this will be my new style for now on, I will keep the twist in my hair for about 3-5 days, take it down and cowash, dc or whatever I'm doing,  and retwist. T Think this style will get me a lot of retention by June..
Sponsored Links

shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:35pm
I am doing a self challenge with myself as well during this.... braids until summer break. NO WEAVES! I have to save up for my AV purchase + CV closure next summer going into my senior year of college... i'm so excited and I want to be stress free (meaning low maintenance) of my natural hair. I will wear it out more during next fall and winter being that June 22nd is my 2 year nappiversary. I should be APL or BSL by that time *crossing fingers*

Edited by shalafbabii - Dec 12 2012 at 1:37pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:49pm
Sorry, Double postEmbarrassed

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 13 2012 at 4:51pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:51pm
Repost From Wsl Thread: Tongue

My hair has a lot of shrinkage, so I tried to take some more sneak peaks of my length,,, I Did a ACV rinse, then massaged with coconut milk, Then I applied Honey, molasses and Conditioner. After that I did my regular twist sealed with castor oil and pinned in a updo.. WSL here I come !! LOL

Edited by Cherry89 - Today at 5:47pm

Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:30pm
    Hey ladies just checking I ended up putting some Kinky twist in my hair last weekend, because I felt myself slacking on my hair care regiment. So I have a head start on my protective styles now all I have to do I get started on my growth aids and I will be well on my way to a healthy hair journey . I plan to leave this set in  until the middle to end of January Depending on when I start classes. 

By the way how do you post pictures again?
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:24pm
Heavy, don't you know it girl!!! Gosh it's become like my signature style or something.....Twist it, bun it, tie a scarf over it when the edges get too fuzzy. I need to snap out of this LAZINESS!!! I used to ALWAYS have some kinda style in my hair now I've gotten too comfy.

@Cherry your hair is GORGEOUS! I'm sure you'll get a lot of nice retention come June! Can't wait to see your progress.

And as of now I am....bunned. I co-washed with Tresemme's, plaited the ponytail part and pinned it under with a bobby pin and scarved it. So regular. I'm trying to find this doggone Marley Twist hair somewhere so I can do these Marley Twists that I just LOVE!!!! Imma try one last stop, the Super Beauty Depot, and I hope that'll be the end of my journey. It's either that, or I will go into my yarn braids. We shall see!
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:48pm
Cherry89, beautiful hair!

I finally got my flw all I gotta do is get it cut and styled and trim my own ends. I'm so ready to be in protective style mode.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 1:00am
@mrs. rob - try photobucket.com. it works really well for posting pics.  can't wait to see your kinky twists.

@mskraizy - good luck finding the hair!

@902, woot!  i wanna see it!

eek!  just realized that i never sent the below yesterday! 

hi, ladies!  i finished swimming and just finished washing and dc'ing my hair.  i'm about to add my leave in (koils by nature).  i'm still trying to figure out if i like this stuff.  jury is still out. 

@khivey, how long do you keep your coils in for?  and how do you do yours?

@cherry, love that style!  and your hair has crazy shrinkage!

@bajan, your hair is beauty!

@shala, yes, you can do it! 

Edited by Heavy Rotation - Dec 14 2012 at 1:06am
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:26am
Heavy, when I first started doing them I would redo them once a week and then as my hair got used to the style they would last two weeks...there were times I would keep them in for 3 weeks when my schedule was too crazy. I got a lot of compliments with that hair style. You get crazy shrinkage though.

IA Cherry89 your hair is lovely..I love the thickness!
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 2:58pm
Thank you ladies!Smile, I'm trying to get like y'all and rock some twists, and i'm loving it. I can keep it in for about 4-5 days with low manipulation.  I'm almost 5 months post relaxer. This is the furthest I ever went, I usually break between 3-4 monthsLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 81>