Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 82>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:42pm
happy sunday, ladies!!

my homemade moisturizer and gel worked like a charm!  #winning!

anywho, i am going to retwist the perimeter tonight after i moisturize.  Going swimming again on Wednesday so will be doing my prep and apres-swimming conditioning again.  i will be swimming twice a week going forward.  these twists finally come out on friday...which will make it one month that they have been in.  

@amber, i agree with the glycerin.  that stuff is a good look for my hair.  no matter what time of year.

@cherry, molasses is good.  myhoneychild has a great molasses dc too.
Sponsored Links

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:02pm
@Heavy

I never heard of that brand. I got to look more into that one.

My hair loved the protein mix.. My hair felt stronger and was no longer mushy when wet. I def have to keep up with it. 
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:24am
Beautiful startups ladies! Can't wait to see our progress in July!

I'm in another set of twists that are all funny looking cause all I do is bun them. Twist and bun, twist'n bun. Haaa, getting so boring. I think I need a yarn braid intermission. I just can't WAIT til I get to waist length stretch and be able to have really big hair! I hope I get there by the end of next year. *fingers crossed* Friday will be wash day for me and maybe I'll muscle up some strength to do an actual decent style for the week. We'll see...
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:43pm
Did a molasses Treatment with honey and coconut milk, and my hair absolutely loved it. :)

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:06am
Heeey Ladies! I hope this challenge is not full because I'd really like to join Embarrassed

Hair Goal for June, 2013: Healthy ends and thicker edges somewhere near BSL

Current Length and State of Hair: Natural just past APL in the back (will post starting pics)

PS of Choice: twists, flat twists (just tried a flat twist style for the first time and I love it so i'm rolling with it), maybe some bunning here and there

Detailed Regimen while in PS: Working on it, but will be something like:
*DAILY: spritz with simple homemade water based mix at night then tie down with scarf (to minimize frizz)
*WEEKLY: scalp massage at least 3x a week
*MONTHLY: wash with peppermint castile soap EVOO mix and moisture/protein DC with cholesterol and an egg

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: split ends and ssk's...but I don't think it's as bad as I imagine it is 

Favorite Product: shea butter and EVOO

Something extra --> What I need to do before the official start of the challenge: 
1. Purchase challenge supplies (cute hair accessories, spray bottle, glycerin, hair shears, hair pins)
2. Trim my ends so I have a fresh start to the challenge (I won't trim during challenge so I can see how well I managed my ends)
3. Post starting pics 
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:28am
hi, ladies!

i was motivated by littlebabybug to try coiling my hair.  so, i took down one of my twists and coiled it with my finger...i basically twisted it (one strand) and then coiled the rest of it. i used an all natural gel - herbal soothing curl defining gel by koils by nature.  the coil is still there and it looks super shiny and is super soft. :-)  i am thinking of doing my whole head in bigger coils when i wash my hair tomorrow...just take down the twists and change them into coils (like 3/4 twists would make one coil).  i am swimming tomorrow and will need to wash my hair after....i have to take down my twists because they are on their last leg and we have a party to attend on friday. decisions, decisions!  stay tuned!

@mskraizy, i'm with you girl!  my twists STAY in a bun.  

@cherry, i'm glad it worked!

@iskalay - WELCOME! can't wait to see your hair accessories! i love accessories (clips, combs, cute head bands).
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:11am
Coils are a great protective style Heavy! I used to do them back in the day but smaller ones and they were too cute. My hair flourished. It is especially good in the summer too...you can let them air dry:)
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:17am
" Side eyes" as cherry89 envy you naturalle's and their pretty hair styles...lol

Lol, I luv natural hairstlyes, coils, twist, updos... lol

Oiled my scalp last night with castor oil. I twisted my hair and dusted it one twist at a time, while I pinned the twist in a updo when I was finish searching and destroying. 

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 12 2012 at 11:07am
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:05am
HeavyRotation, I generally avoid putting oils/greases on my scalp because makes the itching worse! The only thing that helps is doing a ACV rinse after shampooing and washing 2x a week for now. 
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:32am
I realized I forgot to post my picture.

Here is the day after my BC.
I will try to get a better one after my next wash and have better detangling session.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac116/bajanbklyngirl/Natural%20Hair/naturalhair_edit.jpg

And I realize that I need to change my goal from full SL to APL because the large majority of my hair is already CBL.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 82>
  Share Topic