Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 10:36am
Originally posted by KunoichiNindroid KunoichiNindroid wrote:

Wait. Did the challenge already start?

not yet!  it starts in january.

sometimes people post updates beforehand...just because.  :)
Sponsored Links

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 12:33pm
@Heavy, Thank youBig smile!

Welcome Everyone, HHG!!Star

Just did some light dusting, I noticed my hair is breaking at the ends..Angry I have at least a 1-1 1/2 inches to get rid ofCry

I guess I will get a full trim once the challenge is over in June, until then Ill keep dusting. I have to start being consistent with my protein treatments. I'm going to add egg/honey/coconut milk to my condish once a week for protein. I Also think my hair likes very low manipulation and less co-washing ( due to major breakage) I  think co-washing is good but making my hair more weak.
So from now on, I will only Wash/DC once a week and roller set on the same day. Ghe every night.I Believe I can monitor my breakage more If I Keep my hair straighten. 

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 08 2012 at 12:35pm
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:10pm
I want in! I will post my pictures tomorrow. I am planning to start some box braids and wear them for 6-8 weeks. I'm a college student taking 20 credit hours next semester so I need to join this challenge in order to make it through spring 2013 without worrying about my hair and having any setbacks. 
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:15pm
^^^^^ Welcome!!Hug

Update: Applied eggs/honey/olive oil/ condish mix, applied on dry hair... I still have it in while I'm typing.. Hopefully the protein will solve some of my breakage issues..
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:32pm
hi, ladies!!!

i went swimming today. :-) prepped my hair with oils and then used a cap.  my hair wasn't soaked when i got out, i did a rinse with water, then came home and shampooed with suave naturals shampoo and dc'ed with sheamoisture dt masque.  just used my homemade leave-in, and applied my homemade gel to make my twists curl...and they are! :-D  can't way to see how it dries.

a huge, big, fat WELCOME to all of the new ladies - assiyra, littlebabybug, shalafbabii!!

@bajan, HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!!!  can't wait to see your all natural hair!!! such a long transition!  you go, girl!

@assiyra, heeeey, girl!!  welcome back!  how have you been?

@littlebabybug, do your coils cause breakage at all? i always want to do these, but it seems like it would break my hair winding it around the comb like that or are those different? and then i imagine the detangling...

@kunoichi, this challenge is usually pretty active (even before it starts) and people post lots of pics of their ps's. i love it!  official start of challenge is jan 1. :-D

@cherry, sorry to hear about the breakage...when did it start?  it could be the hygral fatigue with cowashing so often so i agree - stick to the once a week wash if cowashing was the only thing you changed before the breakage started....
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:38pm
Oh my gosh, my hair sooooo dry.

I know that this is expected after cutting but I'm not used to it.
Starting to think that I will need to buy some new products. The products that I used was relaxed/early transitioning is not doing anything for me now.

Good thing I have a b'day coming up.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 10:03pm
Idk if your hair likes glycerin or not, but my twa love care free curl and shea butter, then I just seal with any oil I have on hand. ^ 
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:55am
@ Heavy
It might just be time for a trim, my last trim was in July. I even got it layered. Hopefully I can get a more good picture when I straighten at the end of the month. Sometimes thats the only way I can tell how bad it really is... :( If it is bad I will just get a little trim Before the challenge officially start. Because Im way overdue for my 6 month trims.. 2/year
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:17pm
So I went back to bunning, .... Embarrassed
brought some molasses to help with the breakage. 
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:26pm

my mini twists are 2 weeks old today.  the time is flying by.  my intention is to take them out on december 30th and then do an official pre-challenge length photo to post here. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 81>