Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 4:26am
I will be taking my hair down this week and re-braiding it for another three weeks and then I will do a length check for the challenge:) I'm excited about making a year (in March) maintaining a consistent protective style!
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

@amber!! welcome back!! how have you been?? how is the hair doing?

HR! :D
My TWA is doing good! (I BC'd to a fade in AugParty)
I've just been wigging it lately.
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 4:44pm
@Heavy, 

I thought they were pretty watery too when I first started using them. I use them because they fit great into my budget. Big smile I have reallllly thick hair, and I have to use a good amount every time I condition. True, It don't leave my hair overly moisturize, but it does the job! lol. Especially after using it as a leave in. I guess I will switch back to Herbal Essence Long Hair care or try the Aubrey Honey Suckle one everybody has been raving about, when I slow down on he co-washes. 

@007
I haven't hard about the liquid gold stuff?? Hope it works well for you. I'm trying to get an inch by Jan, and hopefully the sulfur will help..

Update: Nothing new, did a co-wash today and applied castor oil. I needed to get a break from the sulfur. I want to start doing the molasses treatment, to reduce breakage and shedding. (I would add it to my V05 and it worked really well). I also will be adding Coconut oil and Grapeseed oil to my reggie, and try to get some MSM powder. Hopefully I can get one inch this month, can't wait until our Length check-in day..

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 03 2012 at 4:47pm
Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:29am
Current Length and State of Hair : Fairly Healthy 
PS of Choice: Kinky Twist,3/4 wigs, micro braids
Detailed Regimen while in PS: Scalp cleanse as needed, Deep Condition, Co-wash 2x a week, Homemade spritz  
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Dryness and SSK
Favorite Product: JBCO, Water 
I'm still searching for my staple products 
will post pictures tomorrow to lazy to fight with this computer tonight 

902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:54am
Hair Goal for June, 2013: To be BSB length

Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): Current length is APL, natural and color treated

PS of Choice: Right now I like buns but I will be investing in some glueless lace wigs and doing braids for the entire year.

Detailed Regimen while in PS: Keeping it braided up under a lace wig, mini twists or box braids. Wash 2x a week and deep condition once a week alternating with protein and moisture conditioners. Moisturize hair as needed, trim every few months.

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Schizo scalp! Always itchy Confused

Favorite Product: Don't know I have way too many that I like!LOL

Will be posting starting pics soon!
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:39am
Hair Goal for June, 2013:

Hoping for 4 inches of growth--my current hair length is about 2 inches. So I wanna be at six.
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed):
No-Chem TWA! :3
PS of Choice: Wigs and Braids

Detailed Regimen while in PS: I haven't been  doing much. I just wash/condition my hair and then moisturise with creamy shea butter and seal with care free curl and an oil.
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: 
None really. Just waiting on some length.TongueAlthough my hair is short I'm already getting attacked by SSKs. But it's bound to happen with my hair type.

Favorite Product:
Care free curl and Shea Butter

^Don't seem to work. >_< Sorry
http://s1163.beta.photobucket.com/user/Ambritev2/library/Hardcore%20PS%20Part%20II

PW:colour

Edited by AmberColour - Dec 04 2012 at 11:41am
iBenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:36pm
I could have sworn I posted in here trying to see if I can save a spot to come back with my info...my hair is currently poofy straight and will remain that way until next Friday (graduation =) !!) and that is when I will take my starting pic, since I recently gave myself a nice trim and added some face framing layers Wink
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:23pm
hi, ladies! happy wednesday! :-)  still in my mini twists..in a bun. i redid the perimeter and i look brand spankin' new! :-)

@s007, well, it looks thick to me! :-)

@902, welcome!  do you use coconut oil on your scalp?  whenever i put it on my scalp, i get the crazy itches!!

@khivey, a year, that is really impressive!!  i have been doing it for about 2 years now, but i have definitely taken breaks here and there for a few days at a time though so big ups to you for doing it straight through.

@amber, cool!!  good time to rock a low cut!  i see you are on the grow, though.

@cherry, yeah, when the v05's work, it's golden for their prices!

@mrs.rob, heeey!!! welcome back!  can't wait to see your update! :-)

@ibenn, heeeyyy!!  we're waiting for you girl!!!
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

hi, ladies! happy wednesday! :-)  still in my mini twists..in a bun. i redid the perimeter and i look brand spankin' new! :-)

@khivey, a year, that is really impressive!!  i have been doing it for about 2 years now, but i have definitely taken breaks here and there for a few days at a time though so big ups to you for doing it straight through.

Thank you. Yes, I used to do that as well when I would ps in the past with other styles, but this past year has been so busy and crazy all over the place for me (in a good way) that it has been so convenient to keep it up. When I do my end of the year check in for another challenge I am in, I plan to do flexi rods..so that will be the first time that I don't have braids in my hair for a couple of days because it is getting braided right back up again.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:53pm
^^^ get it, girl!!

ladies, i was thinking of taking out my twists today - suddenly felt incredibly bored with them.  then i realized that i was too lazy to do anything so i will not be undoing them.  in they stay for yet another week. :-)

i have swimming this weekend.  any tips from my ladies who swim on how you protect your hair??
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 81>