Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 82>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:46pm
I have a yay and a nay for this week

Yay! My new camera arrived so now I can take my pics for when I cut

but

Nay! I had really bad muscle spasms (in my shoulder, neck and back) on Thursday and I can't wash and cut my hair because I'm not exactly 100% yet

Hopefully I can do it next week and my spasms will be over by then
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 10:24pm
hi, ladies!!

welcome to everyone who is just joining.  there is going to be a good number of us in this challenge!  i can't wait till jan 1.  people can still be added until jan.1.  just get your info in before then. yaaay!!!

hair is still in my twists. and, um, they look horrific!! i did a rinse and condition on wednesday and that just made them super frizzy.  and i've been on vacay so i could care less. i am going to dc tomorrow and am going back to work next week so i need to get it together. seriously.  i am not taking them down though.  this coming week will be their third week.  i will just retwist the perimeter and rock buns.

@warrior, how do you normally wear your hair?

@amber!! welcome back!! how have you been?? how is the hair doing?

@jennjenn, we'll be here to cheer you on, girl!  let's get it!

@bajan, sorry to hear that you are not feeling 100.  i hope you feel better soon!  keep us posted.
JennJenn224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JennJenn224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:35pm
Thank you for the welcome!!!

Here is my information

Hair Goal for June, 2013: Retain 3 inches, retain moisture, moisture., moisture, did i saw moisture..lol
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): natural below shoulder. I will take a picture to confirm
PS of Choice: wigs and twists
Detailed Regimen while in PS:  jbco, deep conditioner wash every two weeks 
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: moisture, moisture, moisture, did i say moisture.
Favorite Product: ORS Pack
s007rrt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s007rrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:37am
Hair Goal for June, 2013: Would like to maintain and grow a few inches to my length while keeping a head full of healthy hair.
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): Natural
PS of Choice: Braids
Detailed Regimen while in PS: Keeping hair/scalp clean and moisturize while in braids. DC'n in between the styles and not becoming impatient when taking down my braids.
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Ends (they stay ragged)
Favorite Product: Don't have one, wish I did.

Pics right after last braid style take down. I may update pic (probably won't,lol)

KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 8:36am
Originally posted by KunoichiNindroid KunoichiNindroid wrote:

YES YES YES!!! I'm so ready for a challenge like this. I'm getting a touch up this weekend and braiding my hair in December. SIGN ME UP!!! Been waiting for something like this!

Hair Goal for June 2013: BSL
Current length and state of hair: Relaxed SL or CBL (I have lots of new growth)
PS of choice: Box braids with synthetic hair, buns
Detailed regimen: Moisturize daily with water, glycerin, castor oil and ACV spritz, wash hair once a week, deep condition every 2 weeks, apply castor oil to scalp twice a week, apply castor oil to edges daily or every 2 days.
Biggest hair issue ATM: Protein sensitivity
Favorite product: None :(
*Growth aids: Castor oil, Valupak HSN vitamins, B-complex

*I don't use growth aids but I want to try and get as much growth as I can these next months. Putting them up there will remind me to be on top of my game. I hope nobody minds \(^w^)/

I'll add my pic after I retouch my hair

aah, I got a touch up yesterday. Most of my hair was CBL and the back was past APL. But the ends were so weathered from my protein overload breakage that I told the lady doing my hair to get rid of all the split ends and even it out. Now I'm a blunt SL all over. Even at the back. Anyway, I think I need to edit my June 2013 goal. Or maybe not? Hmm, we'll see if i can get there by some miracle. Here's my pic

Oh and I don't remember who was asking about my spritz proportions but I just eyeball it. The ration of glycerin to castor oil is about 2:1 or 3:1. Just enough to dissolve the oil completely when I shake the bottle. Then the ratio of water to that mixture is anywhere between 1:1 and 5:1. I change it depending on the thickness of my braids, the seasons and whether or not I'll be washing my hair frequently. Then half a tsp of ACV. This fills up about half of a Sta-Sof-Fro bottle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:59am
HAPPY SUNDAY, LADIES!  my hair feels super moisturized finally.  that's what i get for trying out new moisturizers when i know that my db/jbco/butter combo would never steer me wrong! 

how are people wearing their hair today??

@s007 - heeeey, girl!!!  your hair is looking thick!

@kunoichi - your hair looks good!  keep your goal - BSL or as close as you can get!  It's a lllll good.  :-)
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:45pm
Started applying sulfur/olive oil mix 2 days ago. I'm going to continue applying the sulfur mix every two days. And Just use castor oil once a week (SAturdays). I want to start ghe-ing but I think that might be alittle to much. I also left Vo5 in as a leave-in, and my hair loves it! Im still co-washing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:34pm
@cherry, you are lucky!  v05's are just good detanglers for my hair, but don't moisturize at all.  and these things are available everywhere for a great price.  would love to use them as my conditioner!
s007rrt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s007rrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:36pm
@Cherry89- I have been using sulfur/oil mix also lately. I purchased the liquid gold stuff, its been a few weeks so we shall see if it helps my hair.

@HeavyR- Hey how are you? I wish it was thick! That's why I don't press it out much, prefer that illusion better. lol
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:21am
I want in! I'll post details later.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 82>