Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CiaNichole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CiaNichole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 7:02pm
Im having trouble with posting a pic. how to i post pictures? 
Sponsored Links

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 7:03am
Originally posted by CiaNichole CiaNichole wrote:

Go to tinypic.com and upload your pic to the website then copy the code for message board and past in your post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CiaNichole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Originally posted by CiaNichole CiaNichole wrote:

Go to tinypic.com and upload your pic to the website then copy the code for message board and past in your post

Here is my starting pic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CiaNichole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 1:51pm
Thank You darlinnic. I was having trouble but now i got it
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by runrunrunner runrunrunner wrote:

im in again!  i was in the last challenge, but since i got sick...i ended up falling off, but this time...i.will.KICK.butt! haha 

im actually putting mini twists in my hair right now.  i'll post pictures in a couple of weeks when these come out! 

Hair Goal for June, 2013:    i have decided that i dont want to set any goals other than being consistent in my regimen and being more careful with my hair. 
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed):  back = a little past apl.  natural haired.
PS of Choice: twists and the every once in a while braid set
Detailed Regimen while in PS: condition wash twice a week, 1 regular condition wash and 1 with a dc, protein once or twice a week (hydrolyzed keratin spray before moisturizing after wash), wear hair with ends up and away most of the time, moisturize & seal using LOC method w/ whatever conditioner/leave-in/moisturizer i choose to use & oils/shea moisture head-to-toe baby ointment.
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment:  hmmm, probably ssks and my own impatience
Favorite Product:  i dunno...

adding a picture now. 

photo taken november 18, 2012

Edited by runrunrunner - Nov 27 2012 at 1:57pm
NoleLady12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoleLady12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 2:17pm
Hair Goal for June, 2013: MBL
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): BSL; Relaxed
PS of Choice: Weaves (U-Parts)
Detailed Regimen while in PS: Wash and deep condition 2-3x monthly; moisturize and seal with a thick, creamy moisturizer and JBCO before braiding hair for u-part install. Buns in between installs.
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: None really--my hair is the healthiest it's ever been thanks to protective styling! I'm just greedy and want stupid long hair LOL
Favorite Product: Jamaican Black Castor Oil, hands-down!!!

I'll post my starting picture before January 1.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:33pm
I'm IN. (cant believe i almost missed this).

Hair Goal for June, 2013: Full MBL by june 2013
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): BSL 4a/b Natural
PS of Choice: twists,flat twists
Detailed Regimen while in PS: M&S at least every other day. head massages at least 4x a week. either wash hair or dry DC > cowash on take down.
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: SSK/ spit ends. mostly rectified last night with a good trim.
Favorite Product: coconut oil.

WILL POST STARTING PIC 12/27/12

Edited by naynay455 - Nov 27 2012 at 3:48pm
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

Heavy, I'm so in this challenge! I'm trying to get my hair good and healthy and long by my fourth nappyversary in April! =)

Hair Goal for June, 2013:
Pushing for MBL with thicker, healthier ends
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): Natural
PS of Choice: I'm gonna be doing a lot of alternating, but I'm gonna try to keep it between marley twists, yarn braids, and bunned twist sets.
Detailed Regimen while in PS: mist with water and oil//massage scalp daily, wash and deep condition weekly (diluted)....I think that's it.

When wearing loose hair (or like my hair in twists), same regimen but I deep condition first, detangle, then shampoo in twists, moisturize and seal and set my hair in twists. Basically. Then every night (or every other night), I mist with water, coat in garnier fructis sleek & shine leave in, then seal and massage my scalp with oil.

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: My freakin ENDS! But they're getting better, slowly but surely.
Favorite Product: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave In. I use this stuff for EVERYTHING!

Be back with a pic later. ♥

Got my pitcha and I'm actually quite shocked! Considering the pretty decent trim I did back in October, i did not expect my hair to stretch this far down! So I'm very excited and pleased!

Some other things Imma need ya'll to know:

It's likely (but not completely possible) that I will do a flat ironing for my fourth nappyversary in April. I'll try not to do a trim, but I did plan on doing it in April. But if I don't NEED it, I'll try to hold off until the end of the challenge.

That's it! I'm game ya'll!

Edited by mskraizy - Nov 28 2012 at 5:02pm
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 7:45pm
@runrun - hiiii!!! *waving* how have you been, girl?!  i am looking forward to seeing your mini twists. :-)

@ms.kraizy - woot!  welcome!! i love seeing your mini twists too!  in terms of products, do you have a preference for no cone, cones, etc. or do you just do what works? and if you use one of your flat iron passes, you have to show us the anniversary pics, kk? :-)

@cia - pretty hurr!

@nolelady - welcome!  another jbco lady!  where do you get your u-parts?

@naynay - welcome!!  those scalp massages are the truth, aren't they?
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 8:07pm
hi, ladies!  i hope you all had a great day today!

i rocked my mini twists in a bun with a part down the middle today.  it is freezing cold here so i am seriously loving putting my twists in buns.  i am trying out different moisturizers to see what works best.  this experimenting is kind of fun!

in other news, i got a lot of stuff on crazy sale on black friday - darcy's botanicals, koils by nature, purabodynaturals, and shescentit.  plus, there was a huge sale on jbco - $6.99 for 8 ounces! needless to say, i stocked up.  does anyone use anything from these lines?

did anyone else take advantage of black friday/cyber monday deals?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 81>
  Share Topic