Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:43pm
I am getting lots of breakage in my nape from bunning. Braids and weaves it is for me from now on smh Unhappy
Sponsored Links

902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 12:50am
I need to do a deep treatment, blow dry and flat iron then trim. My ends are dry, bushy and split! They won't even curl, just hang straight. I'm going to super cuts and getting a good trim b/c I'm hating how my styles look, I'm hating my hair right now! It's been months since I've had a good trim so I'm ready.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 2:23am
I've been co-washing and twisting my hair up so far this summer. I plan to go back to my braids in September once the weather cools down and I don't need to wash so much. 
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:49pm
I am still wigging it for the next couple months. Yesterday I wore a super short wig and everyone thought I got a haircut lol. I love the versatility of wigs and I love how often I can change them. I've been doing the ghe method overnight all month and so far my hair seems to have grown a lot! I need to get my cornrows redone soon, because they are so loose. Well my baby will be here any day now so I'm just waiting on him to arrive. I'll post a pic when I take down my cornrows :)
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 6:42am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

I am getting lots of breakage in my nape from bunning. Braids and weaves it is for me from now on smh Unhappy

That doesnt make any sense to me since braids and weaves put a whole lot of friction on hair compared to simple buns. Also tons of hair are lost when you remove braids and weaves. WHY do you think you nape is breaking? Is it tension, dryness, rubbing against your collar or on a cotton pillow, leaving it in the style too long without combing it or something? Is the texture very tight so it snaps when you have to comb it? Are you remembering to moisturize and seal nightly and cover it with satin? There has to be an actual reason for the breakage at the nape . Long haired ladies have worn buns for centuries as a go to for protecting the hair. What do you think is making it not work for you hair while the things that you mentioned which traditionally eat up and destroy hair to a nub are supposedly helping???Wacko
Maybe you just like weaves and braids and want to think they are good for you?

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 20 2013 at 7:07am
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 8:38am
Hey guys, please don't stone me, lol. School, work (2) jobs, kids and life... yall know how it goes.. I been trying to keep up with my hair, I do daily co-washes with Vo5's. I wanted to go natural, I was going on 5 months, and decided to just telax,:.. here are some update pics, I need to get it roller set so I can really see how much length i retained. Enjoy! 

902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 1:46am
Cherry89 your hair is beautiful! You have to do what works for you, as long as you keep it healthy that's all that matters.
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 7:00am
Originally posted by 902sexxi 902sexxi wrote:

I need to do a deep treatment, blow dry and flat iron then trim. My ends are dry, bushy and split! They won't even curl, just hang straight. I'm going to super cuts and getting a good trim b/c I'm hating how my styles look, I'm hating my hair right now! It's been months since I've had a good trim so I'm ready.

I did that a couple weeks ago

My ends are yucky!!!
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 8:14am
@902 Thanks girly!! daily cowashes was my only savior, don't know what I would without them and my 4-5 month relaxer stretch, lol
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 12:46am
box braids are cute. it's been a while since i last really wore them. i tried them not too long ago without extensions but didn't like how pitiful my hair by itself looked in the style, and promptly took them out lol but i like them whenever i see other girls/women with them. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 81>