Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 8:06pm
I got a new wig today from my favorite bss. Its long, straight and it has bangs. I guess I will wear it for the next few weeks until I have the baby. Then Im going to dc and rebraid my hair.
Sponsored Links

Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 11:38pm
@nubiennze it just some Milky Way que coil curl($20.00). I just combed the curls out, i love it. i think i may do this with some better hair so that I can keep in longer.
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 11:48am
My new wig is super cute, but it tangles a lot. I guess because its waist length on me. Hopefully it lasts a month. I dont plan on buying a new one until September...
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 9:36am
Finally found someone in GreenSboro to do my hair. I'm marketing for her so I get my hair done and maintained at least once a week for free. I'm starting off with a sew-in and im going for a Malika Haqq look. Full sew in with side swept bangs. I'm going to keep it in for as long as possible. Installing some Indian hair that I've previously used so as long as the weave last, that will be in my head for at least 8 weeks. Since I have someone to help me maintain it weekly, I will be fine. After that, I'll be rocking the some long light yaki but that will have to be when it cools down outside. Plan on staying weaved up all school year and doing the big reveal for graduation. May 10th, 2014!
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

Ladies!! I am back home...FINALLY!!  After a month of traveling, it feels good to stay put...at least for a couple of months.

How has everyone been???  

Are folks up for their big REVEALS?  I will get myself together to post some pics by tomorrow night! I feel more fullness and more of my kinks...will see about length!

I can keep this challenge going for those who want to go to January, but I also want to do a wash and go challenge as well....so let's do this....let me know who is interested in which....and we can go from there!

It's easy to keep this challenge going for those who want to....we can just keep posting.  So, let me know!

My hair has been in buns and then twists this entire time. I'm telling you - laziness is a PS girl's best friend! :-)

Talk to you all soon!

I second what you wrote about laziness. that's been the name of the game for me and i feel like my hair has thrived accordingly. my hair is now about 2 inches away from APL, or at least the lower half is. my crown has much longer to go, stupid crown. 
I'll be posting back with a picture comparison from the first one i posted here with the newest shot, because i actually don't know how much in terms of numbers it has been. i know that when i cut my hair back in december/january my hair was only like 6 inches, and now my strands are as long as about 9 inches. so that sounds about appropriate, considering that i've trimmed it twice since then. Embarrassed
all i ever do is protective style since my hair gets horrible tangles whenever i wear it out, so i would love to continue the challenge. :D
this time i'll leave heat and bleach alone. the heat made my hair rough- either that or the bleach did. and dried it out, but that was to be expected i suppose. sigh. i'm an addict, i swear. 
so...i'm all for seeing people's big reveals here in the interim!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 7:19pm
big reveal, comparison shots. didn't realize how much time has passed!

starting pic
so in the first one my hair barely hit my collarbone and in this one it's like...two inches below it. :)
a lotta times i feel like my hair grows dreadfully slow. 

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 7:44am
^^ Great growth! 
All of my growth was in the crown area (it is finally catching up) and the fullness of my hair. It is still the same length in the back and the rest is just trying to catch up. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

^^ Great growth! 
All of my growth was in the crown area (it is finally catching up) and the fullness of my hair. It is still the same length in the back and the rest is just trying to catch up. 

wish mine had been in the crown. thas my problem area! coarse and unruly and forever snagging lol. the back half of my hair is a blessing from the almighty by comparison. fullness is what im after at the moment
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 12:13am
Hey girls, I've been protective styling. After I took out those box braids I kept it real simple, buns and twists. I'm surprised at how much restraint I've shown! Summers are for Afros and so far I've only done 2 "out styles". I know I need to get a major trim and I want color! Glorious color and I want it straight! Help me y'all!
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 10:10am
Originally posted by littlebabybug littlebabybug wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

^^ Great growth! 

wish mine had been in the crown. thas my problem area! coarse and unruly and forever snagging lol. the back half of my hair is a blessing from the almighty by comparison. fullness is what im after at the moment

Yep, my crown has given me problems...it wasn't until I started rocking the box braids that it finally started to crawl a bit faster. Now my fro and twist/braid outs don't look hollow in that area. Keep it as moisturized as possible and if you can protective styled. 

Edited by khivey - Aug 07 2013 at 10:10am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style