Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 82>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 8:48pm
I was in the last one and I hid my hair the whole time. This time I'm just going to check in for support. My natural hair is currently braided under a lace wig. I've been in protective styles for about a month. I will continue to wig it until September (after my baby boy gets here). Once I have the baby I will straighten my hair to do a length check and go from there. Hopefully I'm apl by September!!
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:04pm
Ladies!! I am back home...FINALLY!!  After a month of traveling, it feels good to stay put...at least for a couple of months.

How has everyone been???  

Are folks up for their big REVEALS?  I will get myself together to post some pics by tomorrow night! I feel more fullness and more of my kinks...will see about length!

I can keep this challenge going for those who want to go to January, but I also want to do a wash and go challenge as well....so let's do this....let me know who is interested in which....and we can go from there!

It's easy to keep this challenge going for those who want to....we can just keep posting.  So, let me know!

My hair has been in buns and then twists this entire time. I'm telling you - laziness is a PS girl's best friend! :-)

Talk to you all soon!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 8:40am
I forgot to tell you ladies that I protective style too... if you can call it a style LOL
I just pull my hair up on top of my head in a scrunchy  like one bantu knot on top of my head OR I was just wear wearing a conditioner cap almost 24/7 there for a while.   I got a REALLY wide tooth bone comb and if I go out I just side part it and comb it down from the top bantu bun. The single bantu knot bun I wear on top of my head is sort of like a roller set so when I ever do comb it down I ve got some wave and ready to go! 
But I never use any heat except for my length check I passed the luke warm iron thru a few sections in the back just for the photo. I do not own a curling iron and I only air dry... NEVER blow dry at all.
So my protective styles are GHE, (didnt know that was a style), a single top of head bantu bun, ior a wrap some times. Oil scalp every night with growth aid.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 15 2013 at 8:43am
Queensheba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queensheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:57pm
I am going all the way till December I've been in box braids since the beginning of June so it's time to take these down plus I miss my fro... I'll be leaving my hair out for a week and then sew insofar the rest of the year I'm trying to get to shoulder length by jan 2014....I'll update after I take my braids out nx week
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:13am
I'm interested in joining a PS challenge
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 7:50pm
Decided to that I'm going to keep protective styling indefinitely, i love how easy it is to wake up in the morning and do little to no work on my hair. But, I love my puff, so I decided to braid the perimeter of my hair up and do a sew-in in the middle to create the look and i love it. I'll be rocking this style for a minute. All i have to do is moisturized and co-wash for this style. 

savannavanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 8:33pm
@Catrice cute! so you been to TTT's huh? lemme find out youre in clemmy too... lol
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 9:07pm
^^^ Thanks, I am girl. I did my undergrad and now I'm finishing up my graduate degree. 
nubiennze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubiennze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 10:43pm
@Catrice26 Your puff looks so natural! What kind of hair is that?
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 2:50am
Yep yep! I've continued with my protective styling..especially for this summer here in Paris. It is hot and humid, so it is braids, twists and coils for me. Right now I am back in my box braids. Next time I straighten it will be time for a trim. My hair has gotten so much fuller and it is starting to even out more.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 82>
  Share Topic