Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 12:00pm
Hey ladies! I have been on a super hiatus.. spring semester kicked my butt but I came out with a 3.4 for the semester Big smile I am about to install some long box braids and try to keep them in until the first week or so in august. fall semester, weaved up! by that time, i'll be savingmy money and ready to buy some light yaki from KCY! Trying to give my leave out a break as well. I'll be moisturizing frequently with braid spray (i think it's africa's best) and i'll wash after 3-4 weeks. I don't like my braids to get frizzy quickly.

Good to see everyone who's still hanging in there!
Sponsored Links

nubiennze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubiennze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 12:19pm
^^ Way to rock out the semester @shalafbabii! Big smile
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2013 at 1:45am
@shalaf you better get it! Schools out so enjoy your break. Also are you doing an entire year challenge?

Everyone this has been an awesome challenge. HugThese 6 months have been long for me and I've got another 6 to go. :/ You all have given me some cool ideas and I think I'm gonna start making my own wigs so I can return to some of these styles.

@heavy yes posting here is a struggle

The last 3 weeks I've worn this sew in. Next week I'm gonna install Marley crochet braids to end the challenge.

mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 7:45pm
Goodness Gravy I've been gone for a WHILE. Still been protective styling, it's gone from twists n' buns and for majority of May because I've been too busy to really style my hair, I've been wearing my hair in my satin bonnet underneath these two beanie hats that I've crocheted. Got a blue one and a black one and just been alternating those along with my black scarf. My hair honestly hasn't seen daylight in weeks. lol And then for like the last week of May I wore my hair out in a twistout....that whole week.....

Currently I am in yarn twists and tomorrow will make two weeks. I do love them but they're a bit more problematic than my good ol' yarn braids. I dunno, yarn braids are like my ultimate staple or something. I have no idea what length I am now, haven't even THOUGHT about checking it, but can't wait to see my results at the end of this challenge. WOOHOOO!!!!
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 12:42am
It is take down and wash day. 
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 5:51pm
I need to PS but I am at a loss. IDK what to do. I'm sick of buns but I cannot find anyone to braid my hair. The only black hair stylist around wants to charge $400 for some damn senegalese twists and I do not have time to do it myself (slow braider). Cry
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 9:08pm
my PS as of tonight. I washed,conditioned and did the LOC method then blew my hair out. rocked a pony tail with a twisted bun to work today. then did this when I got home.

nataliej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nataliej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 9:12pm
Is it to late to join?
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 9:53pm
hi, ladies! glad to hear everyone is doing well.  we are officially at t-20!  can you believe it?

my hair is in a twist out updo - i just rolled and tucked the ends in here and there. it feels so soft and fluffy - i used db's cocoa bean hair whip as my moisturizer (on top of the aussie moist that i left in my hair with the tightly curly method).  

i thought i would have to do this huge detangling session (and finally whip out my wide tooth comb after 6 months of NOT using it), but i didn't have to...i am super happy about that because i think my hair has soooo much more definition now that i finger comb/detangle.

mini twists are coming in a few days...will take pics.

@shalaf, congrats on a great semester!!

@jadore, love that ps!

@nay, your hair is dope!

@natalie, we are ending in about 20 days....there may be another one soon after this one, but i usually do a bit of a break between these hardcore ps challenges...definitely jump on the next one!
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 10:39am
Hi Ladies,

Looks as though there has been a whole lot of protective style goodies going on in here.  Although I have also been on a hiatus I have popped my head in every now and then and am keeping up with my ps....my styles have been either a bun or twisted up underneath my wig... now that it is getting warmer I have been doing more bunning and keeping up with misting my hair on a daily basis along with pre pooing and dc on a weekly basis.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 81>
  Share Topic