Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 82>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 8:43pm
Hey guys I haven't checked in, today I took my braids down and co washed. I model suaves raspberry and white tea conditioner. Pressure remoisturize, And organix .... I forgot the name but its coconut. I added a few oils ( sunflower, argan, coconut, evening primerose,tamanu and rosehip) my hair feels great. I'm going to bun for the next week or 2
Sponsored Links

mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 8:35pm
Hey ladies! Been a minute since I checked in but I'm still exclusively finger detangling but this breakage hasn't gotten that much better. I did a protein treatment mixed with my regular deep conditioning treatment and it seemed to help a little bit, but I still get small crescent-shaped breakaged when I manipulate my hair wet. I see nothing when it's dry! Which is kinda ridiculous. I'm thinking maybe it didn't get enough protein so sometime soon (like this Friday or Saturday) I'm gonna put do another egg protein treatment, deep condition, and hopefully get started on my yarn braids. (Been saying that for like the past...month lol).

Other than that, Nelly has been EXCELLENT! Ends are STILL beautiful. Right now I have in a medium-sized set of twists done with aloe vera juice, sleek and shine leave in, and shea butter on the ends. My hair is just so plush and luxurious these days and besides this crescent-shaped breakage, Nelly is acting nothing less than perfection!
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2013 at 9:01pm
so i co washed last week with some new product, I used the Shea Moisture Cleansing Cowash and the Coconut and Hibiscus Conditioner. I loved it, it cleans and softens at the same time. The conditioner was great, and helped with detangling. I think it would make a great deep conditioner as well. My only con is the price and the size of the bottle(8 oz), unlike the As I Am coconut cowash

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 10:02am
hi, ladies!  glad to hear that everyone is doing well, and that we are trying new things with our hair. :-)

as for me, i am finally taking out my mini twists.  now, remember, my hair has not been loose at one time since jan 7!  i kept taking my twists and making them smaller until last month - feb. 21, i put in some mini twists.  it is time for these bad boys to come out now - march 29.  i am trying not to do a length check, but let's see if i hold out.

with the tc method, it is a winner, but i still need to find a great conditioner -aubrey's organics, while dope as a rinse out dc, was awful as a leave in. my scalp felt a little itchy and my hair was super dry after it dried. on to the next one!

@nay, nice style!

@catrice, is as i am co wash affordable?
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 2:56pm
@heavy Rotation, yes, its only about $7 or $8 at sally's. It comes in a 16oz jar
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 11:43pm
^^^OH WOW!  i will have to def check it out! thanks!

my hair is fully detangled (with my fingers only) - took me about 8/9 hours all in to take down the twists and finger detangle one by one.  oh boy!  and now i am in a sleek bun.  who would have thunk it?!  i did this bun on monday night and it has been in ever since.  was going to take it down, but then changed my mind.  DH says that he loves it and that i should rock my hair like this all the time.  could actually be an option because it is just as low maintenance as my twists in the morning....it's not tight, and i have not used gel since putting it in on monday night.  

i just spritzed with my water/rosemary/lavender spritz to "set" it before putting on my head tie so we will see if that spritzing can be a good sub for reapplying the gel.

how is everyone doing?!
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 11:52pm
Hey girls! Been doing alright, still protective styling but mainly buns. Since I workout so much using wigs is a hassle. I've been washing more frequently, mainly cowashing and rinsing with acv. My hair has remained soft, I'm thinking of doing a henna treatment for some color in my life! But I would really love some Senegalese twists.!
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 1:02am
It's wash week and I'm so exited. I love touching my hair. I'm starting to miss it so hard!!! Ladies I wanna stop this and just do my hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeHldHgjzU

Edited by jadorenaturality92 - Apr 04 2013 at 1:07am
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 11:29am
I'm about to braid my hair back up for a wig again.
I think I'll DC before I leave the house.

bizchick86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 1:38pm
So I got tired of the LF, wanted my hair to breath, and wanted something more natural looking. Plus, I don't think the LF was doing my edges any favors. Since I wanted to wear my hair out with the nanosmoothing treatment, it involved flat ironing my hair. Yeaahh, I had planned on not applying any heat whatsoever for a long time, but I wanted to try the treatment out.

I wore my hair out for just a couple of days, then I weaved up for a ponytail PS (below). Since it's been in this ponytail longer than it was out, I guess I didn't cheat thaat much. For my PS, I weaved up my hair from the nape to the top of the ear. For my leave out, I just slicked it back and wrapped the ends around the ponytail. So my natural hair really is in a sorta bun right now. I love this style because my hair stays stretched, so I don't really worry about humidity (and therefore no need to reapply the flat iron). Plus since it's straight, it sops up my natural hair oils (the sebum I think it's called) a lot more easily than in it's natural state. So I haven't had to apply any product to my hair shaft and thus no build up.

I know the general rule is that direct heat is bad for hair. For me though, doing this style has been super easy and super easy on my edges too!!

My regi has been simple since the start of the challenge. Either wig or weave it up. With my current style, just a bit of JBCO on the ends and edges a few days a week and that's it! I'm all about low maintenance and low manipulation, and my hair has been thanking me for it.

I think my next PSs will be african threading and next I'll weave up half my hair with RHO kinky curly for my summer look. Can't wait to try the RHO, it'll be my first time!!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style