Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 5:54am
Thank you Kraizy and Heavy:)

Great progress Cherry 89!!

I wore my hair up in a bun at the top of my hair like Bey does and it looks pretty good and full with just my hairTongue I'm really loving this..I think my hair is getting a lot fuller.

I will post pics next braid take down and re-braid in two weeksSmile
Sponsored Links

Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 2:20pm
Hey ladies, 
I'm still swamped with homework but I managed to wash and some what DC this weekend. I'll tell you one thing Me in this Fro ain't getting along It's back to being dry,again. I need to buy some new products because everything that worked before is no longer working, "Ain't nobody got time for that" I 'm trying to go through the stuff I have now. The one thing I did not do that I use to do was ACV ,Baking soda rinse because I heard it's not good when your hair is colored. any recommendations.

Great growth- Cherry89

Edited by Mrs.Rob - Mar 11 2013 at 2:30pm
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 4:44pm
I still hate my twists. They are so thin. I really need to cut out heat for 6 months. My leaveout will be the only section getting heat for a while so the Rest of this challenge I will try to work on that. I will start using thickening shampoos and conditioners next month. Trying to bring this hair back to life because ends are see through. #notcute
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 9:17pm
Hey challengers!
Just dropped in to update a little bit.
I changed my wig, but I'll just be wearing this until I get time to put in some yarn braids.
Idk when, but hopefully sometime next week.
(I think my hair should be long enough now--er, I hope it isLOL Now I'm able to flat-twist it. And very raggedy at that. That's how I'll wear it under my wig)
I'll post a few pictures when I have the chance.
Today is DC night and my hair really neeeeds it.Smile
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 8:25am
Hey Dolls,

just checking in to saythat I am still in my protective cornrowed updo but she is getting mighty frizzy so I may take down over the weekend while I have time.  I may rock a bun as a protective style as swimming lessons resume next Monday and then decide from there.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 5:10pm
ok so i have been in these kinky twists for 6 wks, i have 6 wks left to go before take down. i have to re-do my edges cause i am looking crazzzyyyy
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 9:23am
Hey lovely ladies! Today I'm wearing my hair out in a very chunky braidout that was styled using exclusive finger detangling but it decided to be incredibly WINDY today! =/ I gotta admit it actually feels kinda weird wearing my hair loose. I'm a little more paranoid than I thought I'd be. I'm still experiencing small bits of breakage though it's not a LOT it's still fairly noticeable...to me at least. As I continue to exclusively finger detangle it gets better, maybe like 10-15 broken pieces come out, nowhere how it used to come out. So I'm thinking come tomorrow I'll do a protein treatment, wash, then deep condition and finger detangle, and finally put in my yarn braids and leave them in for about a month. Sounds like a good plan.

This is the braidout I'm wearing. This pic was day 1 and it was incredibly shiny, bouncy, and juicy lookin!

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 9:41am
Hello Everyone! 

UPDATE
I've been a little MIA because I started a new job and haven't been doing much t my hair. I wore buns most of last week and then put in 4 flat twists going into a low bun (still wearing this style now).

I finally got a replacement spray bottle and plan to [possibly] wash and condition tonight.

My next style will be pin wheeled twists like I had before. I also got more hair pins when I got the spray bottle. I've missed this style since the last time I did it and have been wanting to do it again ever since so I'm excited Party
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 9:41am
I unbraided my hair the other day. My mum says it's grown but I'm not too sure. Not gonna do a length check until the end of the month. Gonna be giving it a lot of TLC before I braid it up again. I'm actually putting it in cornrows right now.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 9:50am
Oh and I used one heat pass Shocked
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style