Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 82>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 5:54am
Thank you Kraizy and Heavy:)

Great progress Cherry 89!!

I wore my hair up in a bun at the top of my hair like Bey does and it looks pretty good and full with just my hairTongue I'm really loving this..I think my hair is getting a lot fuller.

I will post pics next braid take down and re-braid in two weeksSmile
Sponsored Links

Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 2:20pm
Hey ladies, 
I'm still swamped with homework but I managed to wash and some what DC this weekend. I'll tell you one thing Me in this Fro ain't getting along It's back to being dry,again. I need to buy some new products because everything that worked before is no longer working, "Ain't nobody got time for that" I 'm trying to go through the stuff I have now. The one thing I did not do that I use to do was ACV ,Baking soda rinse because I heard it's not good when your hair is colored. any recommendations.

Great growth- Cherry89

Edited by Mrs.Rob - Mar 11 2013 at 2:30pm
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 4:44pm
I still hate my twists. They are so thin. I really need to cut out heat for 6 months. My leaveout will be the only section getting heat for a while so the Rest of this challenge I will try to work on that. I will start using thickening shampoos and conditioners next month. Trying to bring this hair back to life because ends are see through. #notcute
AmberColour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2013 at 9:17pm
Hey challengers!
Just dropped in to update a little bit.
I changed my wig, but I'll just be wearing this until I get time to put in some yarn braids.
Idk when, but hopefully sometime next week.
(I think my hair should be long enough now--er, I hope it isLOL Now I'm able to flat-twist it. And very raggedy at that. That's how I'll wear it under my wig)
I'll post a few pictures when I have the chance.
Today is DC night and my hair really neeeeds it.Smile
natural essence View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 8:25am
Hey Dolls,

just checking in to saythat I am still in my protective cornrowed updo but she is getting mighty frizzy so I may take down over the weekend while I have time.  I may rock a bun as a protective style as swimming lessons resume next Monday and then decide from there.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 5:10pm
ok so i have been in these kinky twists for 6 wks, i have 6 wks left to go before take down. i have to re-do my edges cause i am looking crazzzyyyy
mskraizy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 9:23am
Hey lovely ladies! Today I'm wearing my hair out in a very chunky braidout that was styled using exclusive finger detangling but it decided to be incredibly WINDY today! =/ I gotta admit it actually feels kinda weird wearing my hair loose. I'm a little more paranoid than I thought I'd be. I'm still experiencing small bits of breakage though it's not a LOT it's still fairly noticeable...to me at least. As I continue to exclusively finger detangle it gets better, maybe like 10-15 broken pieces come out, nowhere how it used to come out. So I'm thinking come tomorrow I'll do a protein treatment, wash, then deep condition and finger detangle, and finally put in my yarn braids and leave them in for about a month. Sounds like a good plan.

This is the braidout I'm wearing. This pic was day 1 and it was incredibly shiny, bouncy, and juicy lookin!

iskalay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 9:41am
Hello Everyone! 

UPDATE
I've been a little MIA because I started a new job and haven't been doing much t my hair. I wore buns most of last week and then put in 4 flat twists going into a low bun (still wearing this style now).

I finally got a replacement spray bottle and plan to [possibly] wash and condition tonight.

My next style will be pin wheeled twists like I had before. I also got more hair pins when I got the spray bottle. I've missed this style since the last time I did it and have been wanting to do it again ever since so I'm excited Party
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 9:41am
I unbraided my hair the other day. My mum says it's grown but I'm not too sure. Not gonna do a length check until the end of the month. Gonna be giving it a lot of TLC before I braid it up again. I'm actually putting it in cornrows right now.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 9:50am
Oh and I used one heat pass Shocked
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 82>
  Share Topic