Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 10:58am
Thanks Heavy,

I love how thick your hair is and that you are able to do a nice juicy bun!

Well swimming sure was a callenge today...what a task it was to place the swimming cap over my hairstyle but nonetheless the back andthe sides still managed to get wet...I only used the AO swimmers conditioner and so far so good, it is the same thick consistency as the HSR and smells good.  I rinsed out some  of the conditioner and applied a mixture of almond/grapeseed oil and followed up with some whipped shea butter..my hair feels mositurized.  Let's see how long I can keep up this hairstyle with swimming as I didn't give it my all for fear of water seeping under the cap!!
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 3:33pm
thanks, natural essence!! and i will keep that conditioner on my radar!

doing the tightly curly method with lots of great results.  will be retwisting the perimeter tonight...have a big meeting tomorrow at work and these twists in the front are looking kind of fuzzed...

will definitely be bunning though.  when the weather gets warmer, will wear it out more a bit, but for now, when it is freezing cold, i am sticking to my beloved buns. :-)

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 5:58pm
Hey, Im still protective styling. I'm still doing buns 99% of the time. I'm 9 weeks post, so I'm doing daily co-washes, massage scalp with JBCO and apply shea butter and JBCO to my hair and ends. I believe I have retained an inch or so since Dec 22nd
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 6:21pm
just got done applying my sulfur oil mix. and scalp massage i slacked off for a week but im back on it now.
Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 10:47pm
Hey ladies 
I'm still wearing my braid/twist out daily, I'm going to get  back into a PS by the end of next week this weekend I know I've been slacking. The good news is the moisture is returning slowly, but I'm PS'ing this week weather the moisture returns or not. I have a U part wig that someone made for me a few years ago so I'm going to sew it on and micro the leave out. I hope I turns out well 

I love all the picture that has been posted 
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 9:20am
Still rocking the mini twists in an updo style and I hate it. I'm transitioning my leave out back to natural because rolling my ends every night is not going to work for me. I will moisturize the middle twists, braid them bck into cornrows, and take out my edges for a half wig. I want to keep these in for 3 weeks so ill redo the edges Around the 20th and wear them in a braid out for a week or so. That's the rest of the month for my hair plans. Happy hair growth and retention ladies!! Ill post pics of my styles over the weekend.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 5:38pm
I am going to co-wash my braids tonight. It has officially been a year that I've been maintaining my protective style! I've decided this will be my regular style and just take them down and style for certain occasions:) 

Edited by khivey - Mar 08 2013 at 1:31pm
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 9:12pm
@s007rrt, sorry about the mishap with your hair. Your senelgalese twists are very pretty tho.

@Khivey, congrats on making a year with consistent PSing. That's certainly an achievement! Your hair will be gorgeous when you start wearing it out more!

Thanks ladies! And @Heavy, that bun is GORGEOUS and juicy!

Tomorrow is my wash day, though I think I'm gonna take my twists down tonight. You guys don't understand I am in total with Nelly! My ends are just GORGEOUS! They're so coily and bouncy and just all over the place. Not like how they used to be, they straighten out at the slightest stretch, seemed very cooperative with bunning. With my healthier ends, they're almost rebellious. They don't want to stay in a bun unless I pin it down with numerous bobby pins and even then they keep springing out. lol It's like a bittersweet moment but I'm loving every minute of it.

Plan on DC tomorrow and washing it come Saturday morning. I wanna put in my yarn braids eventually but we'll see when that happens. Keep it up ladies!
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 11:44pm
hi, ladies! how is everyone?? i am here still chilling in my mini twists. i have it in a high bun, but have worn it in low buns all week.  exciting, i know.  i am supposed to go swimming tomorrow so will wash my hair afterwards and apply my tc method, which is working really well.  using v05 as a refresher was okay, but overall, this method is doing wonders. my hair feels really soft and moisturized...have not used oil/butter except for jbco on my scalp and edges.

@shalaf, why do you hate your twists?

@khivey, CONGRATS, girl!!

@mskraizy, what did you do with your hair after the wash?
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 11:47pm
I don't understand why I stopped oil rinsing. It's way better than hot oil treatment imo. 

Tomorrow I am heading to the bss to pick some hair for crochet braids. For some reason, I am so existed. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 81>
  Share Topic