Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PhoenixInFlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhoenixInFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 5:51am
Thanks for your suggestions ladies!! I'm really itching to try my hand at the twists ASAP. As soon as I get my hands on the hair and a free 48 hours I'm going to do it. Hopefully my experience goes well because I can see myself wearing them throughout the entire spring and summer. Re-doing them once or twice of course.
Sponsored Links

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 7:39am
Hi Ladies!

I have nothing to report really...Im still rocking my side swept flat twist up-do. It's coming up on the 2-week mark and still looks pretty good after it has been tied under a scarf for a while. I haven't been moisturizing though (no spray bottle). I hope it's not too dry when I take it out this weekend.

This pic is from 2 days ago, Day 9 of this style. It still looks fresh..from the front because I've been tying it down so it helps keep frizz at bay. I don't have a pic of the back, but will take one before taking them down this weekend. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure the roots are puffy back there.

Edited by iskalay - Feb 28 2013 at 7:58am
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:48pm
hi, ladies! day 3 of the tightly curly method.  am loving it so far...finally whipped out my giovanni invigorating conditioner...to refresh my twists.  i added water to it and made a spritz.  my twists feel great.

i do wonder though how this is better than just applying leave-in, oil, and butter.  it def feels soft, conditioned, and saved a lot of steps so maybe that is it....
Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:45pm
Hey ladies !
I wore a 2 strand flat twist for the past two days, then I realized looked like Miss Ceely and took them out...lol. For a braid out, My hair is still dry I think I need to do a ACV rinse. I plan to do it this weekend then braid my hair into a Mohawk or tracks and some braids.

IsKalay- That was the look I was going for what did you use. I love it ?

Heavyrotation Whats the tightly coiled method?

Edited by Mrs.Rob - Feb 28 2013 at 8:47pm
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:53pm
^^^the tightly curly method is putting conditioner in your hair and not rinsing it out...so you don't use leave-ins and oils and butters as usual.  you can also still do the oils and butters a little on your ends.

http://www.tightlycurly.com - the entire method is laid out here.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 7:22am
Ok, I am back from my lengthy vacay! I took out my braids last week and just have been rocking fat twists pulled into a bun during my time in Thailand. I wore a twist out one day and then another day I had a beach day so my hair was out the whole time. Now that I am back home...I am washing and doing a much needed deep condition! I will let air dry tonight and then put back into braids. Wow! We two months down and four more to go in this challenge! Let's get it!Tongue
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 4:09pm
yesterday, I took down my cornrows(had them for a month), detangled with Alba Botanica Coconut Milk Conditioner, and twisted my hair in 8 twist. Let that sit for a while, shampooed with Aphogee for damaged hair and SheaMoisture thickening Shampoo. Deep conditioned with SheaMoisture Volumizing condition(green label). Rinsed in warm/cool water, put my hair back in the eight twist using the African pride olive oil miracle as a leave in, SheaMoisture souffle, some castor oil, and sprayed some world of curls
activator on it.
today i styled it in a puff. I took my twist down, misted my hair with a little water, put some SheaMoisture Restorative Condition, and some castor oil. My hair is extra soft.

Edited by Catrice26 - Mar 01 2013 at 4:10pm
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:56pm
I took out my twists last night, washed and deep conditioned under the steamer. My hair and scalp felt heavenly! Afterward I moisturized and cornrowed.
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 11:24pm

SOOOOOO I went ahead and bit the bullet and trimmed off all of my damaged ends. I took off an inch on average, two inches in the front because it was more of a "length" issue moreso than "damage". I have NOT been very faithful to this challenge when it comes to trims and I think I'm safe to say I won't be doing anymore dramatic trims like this for a WHILE. My aim is to NEVER let my ends get that bad again, what a setback!

On the other hand, I may be bowing out of this challenge early. I just don't know if I can last til June with nothing but protective styling. I guess i really am "faint at heart" Heavy. lol! I said I'd give myself all of March, but I'm really feeling like enjoying my hair again. This really is the time I need to be doing nothing but protective styling but I miss my hair. Alot. Still thinking about it, I'm not quitting just yet.

Other than that, Nelly is set and good to go. We deep conditioned, washed, and moisturized and sealed and she's been chilling all day, aside from the trim. I'm just glad they're all gone though. But I think I'm back to above BSL now. Not really sure, but does it matter? Obviously I haven't retained ANYTHING in this challenge.

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Mrs.Rob Mrs.Rob wrote:

Hey ladies !
I wore a 2 strand flat twist for the past two days, then I realized looked like Miss Ceely and took them out...lol. For a braid out, My hair is still dry I think I need to do a ACV rinse. I plan to do it this weekend then braid my hair into a Mohawk or tracks and some braids.

IsKalay- That was the look I was going for what did you use. I love it ?

Heavyrotation Whats the tightly coiled method?

Thanks Mrs.Rob!

The twist style was done on clean, stretched hair.

Hair was washed with diluted peppermint castile soap

Products used [after the wash, but before putting in big braided root twists to stretch my hair]:
*Shea Butter
*Cream of Nature Rosemary Lemongrass leave-in
**I basically use the LOC method...and don't remember the last time I actually used styling products

After finishing the flat twists [the next day] I applied coconut oil to the parts, dampened my ends and applied coconut oil to them. Hopefully the coconut oil will help with my dry scalp.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 81>