Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 82>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:09pm
Did a deep treatment this weekend, twisted my hair and wearing it like that for a week.

Tried stretching my hair via "African. Threading " it did. Stretch my hair out but my hair didn't feel as soft as it would if I blow dried it. I'll continue to work on it till I get it right.
Sponsored Links

Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:17am
dc'd tonight back to my bun tomorrow
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:06am
nice challenge! I wish I had seen it sooner. I have been protective styling my hair for a year now and will continue into year two. I had a major setback with my natural hair a lil over a year ago and had 2 choices to cut it all off again or go hard on protective styling. I chose the latter. I chose to wear wigs. I braided my hair underneath and in the beginning I needed to add hair to my braids now I am able to braid my full head without adding hair. The areas where I had little to no hair has been restored. My hair is fuller and continuing to thrive. I need to have my natural  hair cut which I intend to do in late June early July. I spray my braids daily with a mixture of water, conditioner, evoo, essential oils, and vitamins. I co-wash my hair often and shampoo my hair at least 2 times a month. I deep condition my hair every week, and now that it is winter I also give myself weekly hot oil treatments. Looking forward to the next challenge I think I will have to join. Continued success on your challenge ladies!

Edited by YaYaStar - Feb 12 2013 at 6:08am
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 3:18pm
Hey ladies, I'm still in a sew-in and I've changed up my regimen.
Now that my leave out is texturized I wanted to hide it because I feel like a trader lol I put my closure on top last night and dyed my weave black to match the closure. I will be wearing it like this for the rest of the month. The hair is holding up pretty well so I should be fine.

New Regimen:
Co wash weave only (ion smoothing keratin) dry shampoo bi weekly or as needed (weave and braid base)
Not washing base anymore until I take this down because it is too loose already
Spray scalp and weave with water based leave in infused with keratin (Sally's ion smoothing brand)

I've had this style since Jan 23rd. Trying to hold on until March 20th or so but ill need to get my base tightened up in two weeks.
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 3:24pm
I think I want to switch back to buns after this sew in... They are so low maintenance.
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 6:49am
Hey ladies. Still in these marley twists. Come...tomorrow it will be the end of week 2! Yaaaay! They're so chill and low maintenance. Plan on (Keyword is PLAN) deep conditioning and washing my hair on either Friday or Saturday. Then I'll do my moisturizing and retwisting and get it set for another week. This has been so easy and people STILL believe it's all my hair. Haaa, one day it shall be.
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:41am
Hey ladies, stoll rockin my bun! Im still in school and this work load,work and kids are kicking my butt! LOL
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 3:54pm
UPDATE: I wore a bun yesterday and Monday and have been putting my hair into 8 celie braids in between that. Currently in my celies...

Not sure what I'll be doing with my hair...but whatever it is is going to wait until I can do a protein treatment and deep condition and I need to get eggs to do that, which probably won't be until tomorrow. 
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 8:13pm
Hey ladies, day 15 of these kinky twist. And I just did the first row over. It's grown out so much I was getting ready for a take down but I'm trying to hold out until sometime in March.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 8:16pm
Duplicate

Edited by naynay455 - Feb 14 2013 at 12:35am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 82>