Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 2:26pm
@Nay, yeah, I battled awhile with either cutting it all off gradually or just giving it a good hackin. I figure if I cut if off gradually, then my healthiest ends won't get damaged as fast and I can still maintain my length....that made sense when I thought of it.

@Heavy, thanks girl! Still got some work though.

@Queensheba, I hope you're doing okay!

Soo these marley twists made a week today. And no, I don't want to take them out yet! I actually refreshed them yesterday evening. I shampooed and lightly conditioned with suave strawberry condish, then when I got out, moisturized the twists (well my hair) with garnier leave in and oiled and massaged my scalp as usual. Then, I took down one twist at a time, rubbed on some shea butter really good and retwisted it for a fresher appearance. I must say my hair was nice and soft and fluffy and the ends didn't tangle with the weave this time. My ends had a REAL bad habit of entangling with added in hair which is why I wanted to lay off of them but since I've been doing more trims, I don't have that anymore! =)

I can see myself keeping up with this routine for a couple more weeks...or months. It's not that I'm feeling lazy though, I just want my hair to retain all of it's length and this routine has been so low-key for me. It's so easy! Every week just refresh it with a wash and retwist it up. I wonder how long I can keep this up?
Sponsored Links

savannavanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 4:07pm
hiii.... remember me?? ive been sick for the longest now, hence no activity from moi, but i'm starting to feel better. I don't have much to report. These twists have been a life saver because the last thing I want to be worried about while I'm sick is my hair. I've kept it pretty basic as far as care. I've been moisturizing with either plain water, or a 50/50 mix of water and infusium 23. Then just wrapping my hair up. If I didn't have to be up, I was in bed so my hair has been wrapped up for the majority of the past two weeks. My goal is to keep these twists in until at least 17th, or til the end of the month if I can.
Hope everyone is well. I'll be back to regular posting from now on Smile
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:43pm
Not the greatest pics, but it's the style I'm wearing now. I've been slacking with spritzing so my hair is a little dry. I have an interview Monday that I want to wear a bun to so i'll be taking these twists out on Sunday.

runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 8:29pm

been a while since i updated.  my hair is still in the same twists they were in when we started.  it's been slightly over a month...about 40ish days.  ive been really hands off.  i started to take a few out about a week or so ago, but then decided i didnt want to.  ((shrugs))  haha dont know when i'll take these out! 

i dont even think it looks like i have twists in anymore.  ((smh)) 

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 4:56am
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Hey darlinic,

To do the process of henna and indigo is a long process so please make sure that you plan accordingly..maybe look at doing it over the weekend so that you can take time to remove the weave, detangle your hair (please apply conditioner on your braids so that you have some slip), don't be astonished at the amount of shed hair..it may look like a lot but you haven't accessed you own hair in quite some time so shedding is to be expected.

keep us updated on how the takedown went and whether you were happily surprised at the growth you obtained.  I always admire those who are able to keep there weave in for such long periods...after a month I start to get ansty and have to see what is going on under there!!

Yeah I think I will wait for the long holiday weekend we have coming up
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 11:53am
I've been wearing wrap and scarves all week., I've been so busy but I need to make time for myself.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:29am
Didn't manage to get any evening primrose oil today but I got some cayenne pepper. It's supposed to be for the pork stir fry I'm doing tomorrow but then I remembered that people actually use it for hair growth. I think I'll give it a shot when I unbraid my hair.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:49pm
hi, everyone!!  i have missed kicking it with you all on the daily!  i have been traveling for work over the past week and a half so it was really tough for me to log in.  but, i'm back in the building now!

my hair is still in my twists.  i haven't combed my hair since jan. 9.  i have only used finger detangling.  i am thinking of redoing the twists on the sides into flat twists so that i can have a mohawk type of updo, but we'll see.

i will take a pics of the finished look!

just finished washing my hair with my homemade shampoo and dc'ed with SM dt masque mixed with renpure....will moisturize everything when it's damp.

@iskalay, cute twist style!

@kunoichi, let us know how the cayenne works...i have heard lots of things about it....

how is the challenge going for everyone?!  we are in month 2!  :-D
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:12pm

Hey ladies!

My hair is doing great. Today is my DC day.

And I have figured out how to get my moisture levels on point!

I think I've near perfected it with the LOC method. Except I add more oil afterwards to double seal.

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:24pm
Took down sew in.... I think that will be my last sew in for a looonnnggg time.
It took for almost 6 hours to take that sew in out (I am very meticulous.. i want all of my hair)

I washed with As i Am coconut cowash, Conditioned with AOHSR and deep conditioned with beautiful textures deep conditioner.  Exhausted is the word for me.

So here is a hairstyle I keep seeing on you tube so i decided to try it out.  I have 4c hair and i have been transitioning for almost 2 years.. i think im in month 22.  Ive kind of lost track.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 81>
  Share Topic