Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 7:47pm
Heavy! Hey girl! Japan was great..it was nice to be in a modern place for a change..big jump from China as far as development is concerned....I met some great people, ate some great food and saw more temples and shrines to last a lifetime. I did miss the cheapness of China though hahaha and thank you! I will be excited come March, my hair is doing really great health wise..I just hope it can speed up on the growth part hahaha! Happy to hear your journey is going great on the PS kick as wellSmile
Sponsored Links

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:59am
QUICK UPDATE:
Took my twists out Saturday and flat twisted last night. Maybe I'll be able to get some pics
I didn't keep up with my massages last week, but I'll be on point this week doing 2-4
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:11am
Look at all the loveliness going on in here.

Last Friday I did a cassia gloss treatment on my hair and followed up with deep conditioning.  I finally picked up some Aussie Moist and Manae and Tail deep moisturizing conditioner that I have heard people rave about and I can now see why ebveryone loves it...great slip and my hair feels soo moisturized.

Went swimming yesterday, washed conditioned and have my hair braided up under my wig.  I have been wigging for about a month now and my hair is loving it.
Queensheba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queensheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:53am
the past 2 weeks for me have been hectic i did a rushed install that i hated got hospitalized for 4 days then took it out rocked a half wig for a few days and installed large box braids which will be in till mid march i love braids they ate so easy to maintain
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 12:01pm
Hope you're feeling better^
bizchick86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:06pm
Haven't checked in in a while, but I *have* been keeping up my protective styling. I thought I'd wear my own hair out more during the challenge, but after two weeks of wearing a twist out bun I wanted to switch it up and refrain from the bun tension on my edges. I had mostly been wearing a wig that I converted from u shaped to full head. For the rest of the challenge I'll be rocking my rpgshow lace wig. Just that month of wig wearing retained *tons* of length. Hopefully the next few months are just as successful! 

Oh, and I have not combed through my hair *at all* so far. I just dampen my hair and detangle with my fingers. It's been working wonders!
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:35pm
Hi ladies!'

I'm about to take down my PS sew in... I got it done in early November.. I know A LONG TIME AGO
I'm still in my transition.. I'm in month 22 or 23 I've lost count

So my plan is to take down with an oil then deep condition then henna (for the first time) then indigo ( for the first time)

How long do you think all of this will take me?

Darlinnic
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 12:49am

Update:

Washed my braids today. They seem to be holding up well. Thougth since I'm getting more growth that usual,  probably wont be able to keep them for 3 months. It's a bittersweet thing :/

Also, I'm planning on buying evening primrose oil tablets for my painful cramps. I hear they're pretty good for hair too. What exactly do they do though?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 2:21pm
Hey darlinic,

To do the process of henna and indigo is a long process so please make sure that you plan accordingly..maybe look at doing it over the weekend so that you can take time to remove the weave, detangle your hair (please apply conditioner on your braids so that you have some slip), don't be astonished at the amount of shed hair..it may look like a lot but you haven't accessed you own hair in quite some time so shedding is to be expected.

keep us updated on how the takedown went and whether you were happily surprised at the growth you obtained.  I always admire those who are able to keep there weave in for such long periods...after a month I start to get ansty and have to see what is going on under there!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 2:23pm
Ladies,
  I have been wearing my hair in cornrows under my wigs and am contemplating dusting my ends as they appear thin.

is it best to dust ends while in braids or should I undo the braids and then dust the ends while my hair is out so I can see how much I am taking off?

As well, how often should I be dusting/trimming my ends..the last time I had a professional trim was in September...she had to take a major amount off and I don't want to experience that again so I want to be on top of my game!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 81>
  Share Topic